GREENWICH, Conn.--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--Weeden & Co. LP, a full service institutional brokerage company, today announced major enhancements to their electronic product offering. Weeden & Co. continues their long history of electronic product innovation by continually adapting products to the constantly changing market structure.
“There is a perception that algorithms are the same. We have never believed that our strategies have become commodities. With our ongoing enhancements and our willingness to be completely transparent with our clients, we offer quantifiably differentiated products.”
"While many firms have cut back on the research and development of their electronic products, we continue to enhance our offering. Our changes are based on extensive research of market structure, as well as continual dialogue with our clients and the exchanges,” stated Lance Lonergan, Co-Chief Executive Officer of Weeden & Co.
Recently released enhancements to the Weeden algorithmic suite include:
CloseIQ Strategy (designed to take advantage of the increased volume
trading into and on the Close):
- Real-time closing volume prediction and price sensitivity controls to take advantage of trading opportunities.
- Option to expose orders to Weeden’s Closing Cross.
- NYSE listed securities utilize “d-Quote” order types that allow for greater flexibility when executing orders on the close.
Ghost Strategy (designed to patiently work an order utilizing the
price action of the security as the primary driver for execution
- Dynamic Fair Pricing calculation helps mitigate adverse selection.
- More granular VWAP curves to improve trading around the Open and Close.
- Enhanced VWAP curves take advantage of unique sector trading patterns such as REIT’s.
Trajectory Strategies (including CloseIQ, TWAPIQ, and VWAPIQ):
- Utilizes short term signals for more effective routing.
- In-depth analysis of ‘event’ days such as expiration, month-end and FOMC days to help improve the trajectory strategy performance.
- High Speed Architecture – New low-latency trading infrastructure to significantly decrease time to market and increase message capacity.
“There is a perception that algorithms are the same. We have never believed that our strategies have become commodities. With our ongoing enhancements and our willingness to be completely transparent with our clients, we offer quantifiably differentiated products.” said David Margulies, Head of Electronic Products Group.
“With our new state of the art trading architecture, Weeden can quickly upgrade and customize our clients’ requests. “From day one, we have had a consultative approach towards building custom strategies for our clients. These upgrades allow us to be even more responsive with the ability to make most changes T+1. It gives us an edge,” stated Paul Pantalena, Head of Trading, Electronic Products Group.
To find out more, please visit: http://www.weedenco.com/electronic-trading/product-offering.php.
About Weeden & Co. LP
Since 1922, Weeden & Co. has been providing full service execution and trusted advice to over 1,500 US institutional investors. Weeden & Co. combines cutting edge technology with a deep understanding of our clients’ needs. Headquartered in Greenwich, Connecticut, Weeden & Co. provides premier global trading solutions complemented with a robust prime brokerage offering. For more information, please visit www.weedenco.com.