NEW YORK--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--Bloomberg LP, the City of Chicago and World Business Chicago (WBC) today announced key updates to the program, speaker roster and sponsors for its inaugural Bloomberg Business Summit on November 20-21, 2013. The two-day Summit at the Art Institute of Chicago will bring together more than 250 CEOs, senior executives, public sector officials and thought leaders looking to test their assumptions and gain new ideas on sustaining success in 2014’s challenging economic climate.
“The senior-level audience will leave the Summit with invaluable insights that will help them make informed decisions and better prepare their companies for global market changes in the year ahead.”
“The mixture of 60-plus C-level executives, government leaders and investors now scheduled to speak at the Bloomberg Business Summit ensure that the forum will generate thought-provoking discussions and new ideas,” said Norman Pearlstine, Chairman, Bloomberg Businessweek, and Chief Content Officer, Bloomberg LP. “The senior-level audience will leave the Summit with invaluable insights that will help them make informed decisions and better prepare their companies for global market changes in the year ahead.”
More than 60 leaders from across a wide range of industries are now on the list of prestigious speakers for the Summit, including:
- Rosalie Silberman Abella, Justice, Supreme Court of Canada
- Madeleine K. Albright, Chair, Albright Stonebridge Group; Former Secretary, U.S. Department of State
- Walter W. Bettinger II, President and CEO, The Charles Schwab Corporation
- David Boies, Chairman, Boies, Schiller & Flexner
- Carol Browner, Former Administrator of the EPA; Former Director of the White House Office of Energy and Climate Change; Senior Counselor of the Albright Stonebridge Group
- James Bullard, President and CEO, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis
- Michael Chertoff, Chairman and Co-Founder, The Chertoff Group; Former Secretary, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Barry Diller, Chairman and Senior Executive, IAC; Chairman and Senior Executive, Expedia, Inc.
- The Honorable Rahm Emanuel, Mayor, City of Chicago
- Sen. William H. Frist, M.D., Former U.S. Senate Majority Leader
- Pat Gelsinger, CEO, VMware
- Sen. Judd A. Gregg, CEO, SIFMA
- Robert Greifeld, Chief Executive Officer, The NASDAQ OMX Group
- Henry R. Kravis, Co-Founder, Co-Chairman and Co-CEO, Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co.
- Ted Leonsis, Owner & CEO, Monumental Sports & Entertainment; Chairman, Groupon; Partner, Revolution Growth
- Gary Loveman, CEO and President, Caesars Entertainment Corporation
- George E. Pataki, Counsel, Chadbourne & Parke LLP; Former Governor, New York
- Gov. Bill Richardson, Former Governor, New Mexico; Former Secretary of Energy, United States
- Joseph A. Ripp, CEO, Time Inc.
- Walter Robb, Co-CEO, Whole Foods Market
- George Roberts, Co-Founder, Co-Chairman and Co-CEO, Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co.
- Charles R. Schwab, Chairman of the Board, The Charles Schwab Corporation
- Donald Thompson, President and Chief Executive Officer, McDonald's Corporation
For the full list of speakers, agenda and additional information, please visit: www.bloomberg.com/bsummit
The Summit will explore the state of the U.S. economy, including lessons learned from the financial crisis and the outlook for the next five years, as well as a conversation with the CEO of the St. Louis Federal Reserve Bank James Bullard on monetary policy. Speakers are scheduled to discuss what CEOs need to know about the global business environment, including geopolitical risk; the outlook for Burma, the Middle East and Africa; and how to disrupt industries abroad. Speakers will also debate how sectors such as energy and technology are transforming the ways companies operate.
The lineup will consist of notable interviews, including one featuring Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. co-founders, co-chairmen, and co-CEOs Henry R. Kravis and George Roberts, during which they will discuss the shifting roles of conglomerates and private equity firms. During another panel, Chairman of the Board Charles R. Schwab and President and CEO Walter W. Bettinger II will discuss the leadership transition at The Charles Schwab Corporation.
To supplement the impressive lineup of speakers, panels and breakout sessions, the Summit will also feature a session on “The Future of Cities” with The Honorable Rahm Emanuel, Mayor of Chicago, and VIP dinners at some of Chicago’s finest restaurants. On November 20, Boston Consulting Group and Samsung will sponsor VIP dinners at Girl and the Goat, Grace and Sepia, hosted by Daniel L. Doctoroff, CEO & President, Bloomberg LP; Walter Isaacson, President & CEO, Aspen Institute; and Norman Pearlstine, Chairman, Bloomberg Businessweek, and Chief Content Officer, Bloomberg LP.
The Summit is part of “2014: The Year Ahead,” a new Bloomberg franchise powered by proprietary, industry-specific data, analysis and rankings. This unique research examines issues cutting across 55 industries, inspiring a special issue of Bloomberg Businessweek and driving conversation at the event.
The Boston Consulting Group, the globally recognized management firm and leading advisor on business strategy, will serve as knowledge partner for the event, and the Aspen Institute, the renowned educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C., is an event partner. Zurich Insurance Group (Zurich) and Samsung Electronics Co. have joined as sponsors of the event.
For more information on Bloomberg, please visit http://www.bloomberg.com/about. The hashtag for this event is #BBG2014.
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company’s strength – delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately – is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 315,000 subscribers globally. Bloomberg’s enterprise solutions build on the company’s core strength, leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively. Through Bloomberg Law, Bloomberg Government, Bloomberg New Energy Finance and Bloomberg BNA, the company provides data, news and analytics to decision makers in industries beyond finance. And Bloomberg News, delivered through the Bloomberg Professional service, television, radio, mobile, the Internet and three magazines, Bloomberg Businessweek, Bloomberg Markets and Bloomberg Pursuits, covers the world with more than 2,400 news and multimedia professionals at 146 bureaus in 72 countries. Headquartered in New York, Bloomberg employs more than 15,000 people in 192 locations around the world.