CAMPBELL, Calif.--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its latest Service Delivery Platform Software and Services report, which tracks the wireless and fixed-line service delivery platform (SDP) software and services that operators use to create and deliver services to their subscribers.
“While initial interest has focused on the consumer opportunity, we believe that API exposure will be particularly important in the emerging machine-to-machine (M2M) space, enabling operators to insert themselves into the value chain beyond providing basic connectivity.”
“API exposure continues to be a hot topic in the SDP space, as operators look to capitalize on assets such as call control, payment systems, and subscriber information by providing secure access to both internal developers and third-party providers,” reports Shira Levine, directing analyst for service enablement and subscriber intelligence at Infonetics Research.
Levine continues: “While initial interest has focused on the consumer opportunity, we believe that API exposure will be particularly important in the emerging machine-to-machine (M2M) space, enabling operators to insert themselves into the value chain beyond providing basic connectivity.”
SDP MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Increasingly, operators are deploying service delivery platforms (SDPs) as a bridge between their existing and next-generation service efforts
- Business-to-business applications are growing in popularity, notably enterprise app stores and vertical-specific apps for telemedicine, smart grid, and telematics
- On the vendor front, Alcatel-Lucent and NSN have backed away from the SDP market, and M&A activity is heating up: Intel acquired Aepona and Mashery, and CA purchased Layer 7
- Infonetics expects the SDP market to grow the most in developing regions in Asia Pacific, CALA (Caribbean and Latin America), and the Middle East, where operators are seeking to further differentiate services and counter low ARPU
SDP REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics’ biannual SDP software and services report provides regional and worldwide market size, vendor market share, forecasts through 2017 and trends for fixed-line and wireless SDP components and services by network and service types. Vendors tracked: Accenture, Alcatel-Lucent, CA (Layer 7), Ericsson, HP, Huawei, IBM, Intel (Aepona/Mashery), NSN, Oracle, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
- Infonetics Service Enablement/Subscriber Intelligence research brief: http://bit.ly/15VAi3c
- Tight race between Huawei, Ericsson, Cisco at top of Infonetics telecom vendor scorecard
- Service providers and enterprises to spend $1 trillion on telecom and datacom over 5 years
- Infonetics launches M2M and Connected World market research program
- Faster time-to-market driving operator investments in convergent charging
- Operators' subscriber data intelligence plans unveiled
UPCOMING MARKET FORECASTS & SURVEYS
- Infonetics’ new 2014 Market Research Lineup
- Policy Management Software (Sept.)
- Service Provider Deep Packet Inspection Products (Oct.)
- Subscriber Data Management Software & Services (Nov.)
- Policy Management Strategies & Vendor Leadership: Service Provider Survey (Nov.)
FREE INFONETICS WEBINARS
Visit https://www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events to register for upcoming webinars, view recent webinars on-demand, or learn about sponsoring a webinar.
- The OTN Expansion: The Next Carrier Upgrade Cycle (Sept. 17: Learn more / register)
- SMS/MMS Security Strategies for Mobile Carriers (Sept. 19: Learn more / register)
- Small Cells Reality Check (Sept. 10: View on demand)
- Leveraging Next-Gen Policy Management Solutions (View on-demand)
- How to Monetize Subscriber Data (Dec. 5: Sponsorships available)
- Using APIs to Create Innovative Content Ecosystems (2014: Sponsorships available)
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT:
N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1 408-583-3335
N. America (East), Midwest, L. America: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1 408-583-3395
EMEA, India, Singapore: George Stojsavljevic, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44 755-488-1623
Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete effectively. View Infonetics’ About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.