FRAMINGHAM, Mass.--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--AB SCIEX is ranked #1 in the mass spectrometry technology industry once again, according to an independent market research firm that tracks revenues and unit sales globally in the highly competitive sector of scientific instrumentation. Frost & Sullivan has awarded AB SCIEX the 2013 Global Market Share Leadership Award for Mass Spectrometry.
“During a slow economy where capital equipment budgets have been slashed, the ability to bring cutting-edge high-end technologies to market, and find a willing marketplace, is a testament to the industry’s demand for AB Sciex systems.”
The following are excerpts from the Frost & Sullivan report that accompanied the award, which was formally presented to AB SCIEX representatives last night at a gala event in San Jose, California:
- Staying Ahead of the Competition: “AB Sciex has established an aggressive and successful R&D strategy to remain a step ahead of its competitors.”
- Innovation with the Highest Value: “The firm continues to focus on innovation and new product development to advance the field of mass spectrometry and make the technology more accessible on both ends of the budget spectrums.”
- Best-in-Class Instrumentation: “AB Sciex’s highest performing 6500 Series is now widely considered the industry’s top-selling high-end triple quadrupole, setting benchmarks in sensitivity and performance.”
- Leader Who Listens: “By listening to and understanding the rapidly changing needs of its customers, AB Sciex has been able to build a product line that achieves unmatched sensitivity and performance, while making the technology accessible to the masses.”
- Largest Installed Base Worldwide: “By developing a trusted and well-established line of high-quality instruments and software, combined with a feverish pace of technology improvement, AB Sciex will retain its status as the most widely-used portfolio of mass spectrometers.”
- Navigating to Meet Market Demand: “During a slow economy where capital equipment budgets have been slashed, the ability to bring cutting-edge high-end technologies to market, and find a willing marketplace, is a testament to the industry’s demand for AB Sciex systems.”
- Continued Leadership: “With a trusted brand name, updated cutting-edge products, and a sole focus on being the premier provider of mass spectrometry tools, AB Sciex is expected to maintain its firm grip of the market share lead.”
“We are extremely pleased by the independent confirmation of our leadership in the mass spectrometry industry,” said Rainer Blair, President of AB SCIEX. “When scientists, lab managers and technologists consider mass spectrometry to help them achieve their goals, AB SCIEX should be the first place they look for all the reasons that the Frost & Sullivan market report details. We’ve been a leader in mass spectrometry for decades and we intend to stay the leader through continued innovation and the industry’s best service and support.”
The full report from Frost & Sullivan can be downloaded from the AB SCIEX web site: www.absciex.com
AB SCIEX Technology in Action
A wide variety of scientists and laboratory technicians, ranging from pharmaceutical scientists and academic researchers to food testing personnel and clinical researchers, use AB SCIEX solutions to solve analytical challenges, such as protecting the food supply, developing more effective drugs and better understanding diseases. Click the here to learn more about how laboratories use AB SCIEX technologies.
About the Frost & Sullivan Award
The Frost & Sullivan Award for Market Share Leadership is presented to the company that has demonstrated excellence in capturing the highest share within its industry. The award recognizes the company’s leadership position within the industry in terms of revenues or units, as specified.
About AB SCIEX
AB SCIEX helps to improve the world we live in by enabling scientists and laboratory analysts to push the limits in their field and address the complex analytical challenges they face. The company’s global leadership and world-class service and support in the mass spectrometry industry have made it a trusted partner to thousands of the scientists and lab analysts worldwide who are focused on basic research, drug discovery and development, food and environmental testing, forensics and clinical research. With 30 years of proven innovation, AB SCIEX excels by listening to and understanding the ever-evolving needs of its customers to develop reliable, sensitive and intuitive solutions that continue to redefine what is achievable in routine and complex analysis. For more information about the company, go to www.absciex.com. Follow AB SCIEX on Twitter @ABSCIEX, Facebook and LinkedIn.
© 2013. AB SCIEX. Unless otherwise noted in our product literature, AB SCIEX Products Are For Research Use Only. Not for use in Diagnostics Procedures. For more information, refer to www.absciex.com/products. The trademarks mentioned herein are the property of AB Sciex Pte. Ltd. or their respective owners. AB SCIEXTM is being used under license.