LONDON--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--Avanti Communications Group plc (AIM: AVN, "Avanti" or "the Company"), the broadband satellite operator, was today notified by John Brackenbury, Chairman, that he purchased 34,731 ordinary shares in the Company at a price of 186 pence on 10 September 2013 and an additional 15,108 ordinary shares in the Company at a price of 230 pence on 11 September 2013. John Brackenbury now holds a total direct and indirect voting right interest in 485,630 ordinary shares in the Company, being approximately 0.43% of the issued ordinary share capital of the Company.
The Company has also been informed by Alan Foster, non-executive Director, that he and related parties yesterday purchased 35,000 shares at 179.75 pence per share and a further 20,000 shares at a price of 199.75 per share. Following this transaction, Alan Foster now holds a total direct and indirect voting right interest in 451,250 ordinary shares in the Company, being approximately 0.4% of the issued ordinary share capital of the Company.
- Avanti sells satellite data communications services to telecoms companies that use them to supply residential, enterprise and institutional users.
- Avanti's first satellite called HYLAS 1, launched on November 26 2010 and was the first superfast broadband satellite launched in Europe.
- Avanti's second satellite, called HYLAS 2, launched on August 2 2012. It extends Avanti's coverage to Africa, the Caucasus and the Middle East.
- Avanti’s third satellite HYLAS 3, to be launched in partnership with ESA in 2015, will provide further capacity in the EMEA region.
- 83% of Avanti’s fleet capacity addresses the high growth markets of Africa, the Caucasus and the Middle East.