NEW YORK--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--Perella Weinberg Partners today announced that Ryan Moss has joined the Firm as a Partner in its Advisory business. Mr. Moss will focus on providing strategic and financial advice to clients in the natural resources sector. He joins a growing team of advisory professionals covering the sector globally, including Partners Michael Dickman in New York and Bob Maguire in London.
Mr. Moss has approximately 12 years of investment banking experience. He was most recently a Managing Director in Morgan Stanley’s Investment Banking Division in Houston, where he covered midstream and upstream companies, including U.S. super-majors, large cap independents and mid cap independents. While at Morgan Stanley, Mr. Moss founded the midstream coverage effort, which grew to be a leading group in the market.
Peter Weinberg, a Founding Partner and Head of Advisory at Perella Weinberg Partners, said, “Identifying experienced advisors with deep industry relationships continues to be a top priority for the Firm, and we are pleased to further enhance our talent and expand our natural resources sector coverage with someone of Ryan’s caliber. Ryan’s expertise in the midstream and upstream sub-sectors will allow us to continue enhancing our sector coverage, enabling us to advise an even greater segment of clients in the natural resources space.”
Ryan Moss stated, “Perella Weinberg Partners is a well-respected independent advisory firm, and I am excited to join this group of seasoned professionals. This is an interesting and exciting time for the natural resources sector given the transformation the industry is experiencing technologically and the resultant impact on capital requirements and supply and demand dynamics. I look forward to working with Mike, Bob and the natural resources team to provide our clients high-quality strategic advice in this transforming sector.”
Perella Weinberg Partners has been actively advising natural resources clients. Some of the Firm’s recent assignments include advising:
- Massey Energy Company in connection with its sale to Alpha Natural Resources, Inc. for $8.5 billion;
- TPC Group Inc. in connection with its sale to First Reserve Corporation and SK Capital Partners for $850 million;
- Edison Mission Energy in connection with its Chapter 11 restructuring of approximately $5.0 billion of liabilities, including $3.7 billion of public notes and $1.3 billion of other liabilities;
- Red Leaf Resources, Inc. in connection with its shale joint venture with Total E&P USA Oil Shale, LLC and an associated $105 million common stock offering; and
- Astoria Generating Company Holdings L.P. in connection with its evaluation of strategic alternatives, including the restructuring of approximately $550 million of liabilities.
About Perella Weinberg Partners
Perella Weinberg Partners is a leading independent, client-focused financial services firm providing advisory and asset management services to a broad, global client base, including corporations, institutions and governments. The Advisory business advises clients on mergers, acquisitions, defense advisory, financial restructuring, private capital raising, and pension matters. The Asset Management business includes a suite of hedge fund strategies, private investment funds (including real estate) and outsourced CIO solutions. Together with its affiliates, the Asset Management business has capital commitments and managed assets of approximately $10.1 billion. With more than 400 employees, Perella Weinberg Partners maintains offices in New York, London, Abu Dhabi, Beijing, Denver, Dubai, and San Francisco. For more information on Perella Weinberg Partners, please visit http://www.pwpartners.com.