“With Windows 8.1 on the horizon, many customers are looking to leverage their current expertise to ship applications that work on Windows tablets. Essential Studio for WinRT makes this a predictable process, greatly reducing time spent on discovery and learning the platform”
Essential Studio 2013 Volume 3 includes a powerful data grid for Windows Phone. The Grid control for WinRT is also enhanced with several new features such as nested grids and incremental loading. Nested grids simplify navigation and organization for large amounts of data by enabling users to group grid items within one another. The addition of incremental loading drastically improves performance by quickly loading large data sets as needed.
“With Windows 8.1 on the horizon, many customers are looking to leverage their current expertise to ship applications that work on Windows tablets. Essential Studio for WinRT makes this a predictable process, greatly reducing time spent on discovery and learning the platform,” said Jebaraj.
Highlights in Volume 3 include the following:
- Microsoft LightSwitch support: Many existing Essential Studio controls such as the DataGrid, Chart, and Diagram are now compatible with LightSwitch to help power data-driven business apps.
- Essential Diagram for WinRT: Control used to create feature-rich diagrams for Windows Store applications transitioned from beta to final version.
- Interactive chart series and data points: Additional controls now available in WinRT, Windows Phone, WPF, and Silverlight suites.
- Enhanced Schedule control: Essential Schedule, an Outlook calendar-like scheduler control, is updated with sub-resources for WinRT, WPF, and Silverlight suites.
- Adobe PDF portfolio: Improvements to Essential PDF enable users to create and modify Adobe PDF portfolios.
A complete overview of the new features for each platform is available on Syncfusion’s What’s New page. For a full evaluation of Essential Studio 2013 Volume 3, download the free 30-day trial from www.syncfusion.com/downloads/evaluation.
About Syncfusion, Inc.
Syncfusion is the enterprise technology partner of choice for Windows development, delivering a broad range of .NET components and controls coupled with a service-oriented approach throughout the entire application life cycle. Known for its extremely fast grid control and breaking new ground in ASP.NET MVC and HTML 5 development, Syncfusion has established itself as the trusted partner worldwide for use in mission-critical applications. In an effort to support small and growing businesses, Syncfusion recently partnered with Microsoft’s WebsiteSpark and BizSpark programs.
With releases every quarter, 24-hour support, and flexible licensing, Syncfusion meets the changing needs of enterprises across the globe. Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, Syncfusion has more than 7,000 customers including large financial institutions, Fortune 100 companies, and global IT consultancies.
For questions about products, pricing, and licensing, please contact email@example.com or call 1.888.9DOTNET.