MILWAUKEE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Heartland Advisors, investment advisor to the Heartland Funds, announced the membership of its 2013-2014 Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) Advisory Council, which represents the voice of the client to Heartland.
“This group’s insights have already helped to evolve how we go about delivering client service. The RIA Advisory Council provides invaluable perspective that helps us stay focused on client needs as we move forward on strategic initiatives.”
The RIA Advisory Council will first convene on September 19 in conjunction with Heartland’s annual due diligence event for financial intermediaries and analysts, to be held in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
“Each of this year’s Advisory Council members is a returning contributor,” said Dave Ribbens, Executive Vice President and Head of Distribution at Heartland. “This group’s insights have already helped to evolve how we go about delivering client service. The RIA Advisory Council provides invaluable perspective that helps us stay focused on client needs as we move forward on strategic initiatives.”
This year’s Advisory Council consists of five RIAs from across the United States:
- Ross Bramwell, Director of Investments, Cornerstone Wealth Management, LLC, San Diego, CA. Ross directs investment strategy selection and implementation, as well as due diligence of third party managers. He is a licensed CPA.
- Charlie Jones, President, Charles D. Jones Capital Management, Waco, TX. Charlie provides fee-only financial planning to individuals, trusts, foundations, and retirement plans. He is a member of the State Bar of Texas, a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM and a NAPFA Registered Financial Advisor.
- James Oliger, Senior Fund Analyst, Wealthquest Corporation, Cincinnati, OH. James is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ and holds additional designations including Chartered Mutual Fund Counselor®, Board Certified in Securities (BCS), and Accredited Tax Preparer.
- Scott Ranby, Investment Assistant, Kuhn and Associates, Inc., Durham, NC. Scott coordinates investment research and manages the due diligence processes. He is a licensed CPA.
- Stephen Tally, CEO, BFT Financial Group, LLC, Bedford, TX. In addition to overall firm management, Stephen directs BFT Financial Group’s research and due diligence of custodial platforms and products.
Advisors mentioned are not affiliated with Heartland Advisors, Inc.
Established in 1983, Heartland Advisors, Inc. is an independently owned equity value investment manager based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. As of July 31, 2013, the Firm managed approximately $5.9 billion. The Heartland family of value-driven, actively managed portfolios includes distinct U.S. and international strategies, offered through five separately managed account portfolios and four mutual funds: Heartland Value Fund (Investor: HRTVX), Heartland Value Plus Fund (Investor: HRVIX), Heartland Select Value Fund (Investor: HRSVX), and Heartland International Value Fund (HINVX). Learn more at heartlandadvisors.com.
Past performance does not guarantee future results.
The value of mutual fund investments will vary from day to day in response to the activities of individual companies and general market and economic conditions, which may cause loss of principle.
Dave Ribbens is a registered representative of ALPS Distributors, Inc.
The Heartland Funds and Heartland International Value Fund are distributed by ALPS Distributors, Inc. The International Value Fund is a series of the Trust for Professional Managers.
Separately managed accounts and related investment advisory services are provided by Heartland Advisors, Inc., a federally registered investment advisor. ALPS Distributors, Inc. is not affiliated with Heartland Advisors, Inc.