SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--PlumSlice:
“That leaves 23% for everyone else, so you see why the competition for brand attention is so fierce and getting even more intense”
- Two of the current challenges facing etailers these days is how to integrate cloud computing – and the mobile and social strategies that come along with it – and how to make sure the critical holiday buying season lives up to sales objectives. PlumSlice, a technology and services provider of cloud-based collaboration systems for multi-channel commerce, is helping meet these challenges with two new ebooks: “Get Clear on the Cloud” and “Taking The Pain Out of Peak Planning: Your Game Plan for Surviving the Ecommerce Crush.” Both books are downloadable at http://plumslice.com/
- Written by operations and IT veterans of Restoration Hardware, Best Buy, Neiman Marcus and Williams-Sonoma, the ebooks give practical, actionable tips on how to improve all aspects of operations to ensure the best possible holiday season.
- “Taking The Pain Out of Peak Planning: Your Game Plan for Surviving the Ecommerce Crush” is a comprehensive look at five critical functional areas: Marketing, Mobile, and Social Media; Operations and Logistics; IT; Merchandising, and Customer Care/Customer Engagement. Each section offers precise tips on better functionality in the short term, and offers suggestions on looking at operations holistically for long term betterment.
- “Get Clear on the Cloud” examines the types of clouds available – from public to hybrid – and provides etailers with a checklist to gauge where they fit in the cloud arena. After answering core questions on a company’s growth roadmap and internal processes, weighing investment commitment against the need for data sharing and collaboration, and choosing a cloud platform, the book helps etailers create their customized cloud playbook to put into action.
“With the economy rebounding, this holiday season presents tremendous opportunities for retailers to capture sizable market share, but they need to design smarter and bring products to market faster,” said Abnesh Raina, founder, PlumSlice. “Our ebooks give etailers an easy-to-follow gameplan for more effective use of the cloud to collaborate on products and steps to take to improve overall operations and customer engagement.”
A 2012 industry statistic showed that the top 500 retailers had a 77% share of the estimated $198 billion U.S. etailing market. “That leaves 23% for everyone else, so you see why the competition for brand attention is so fierce and getting even more intense,” said Raina. “The PlumSlice collaboration platform, currently in beta, its ebooks and customized services are retailers’ ticket to capturing the largest market share.”
PlumSlice Services - eTailing Web 3.0
PlumSlice offers technology solutions and services to help retailers take full advantage of ecommerce, cloud collaboration and information/idea exchange. Services include:
- Social media programs and web analytics to improve product design and development
- Product data management, cleanup, and collaboration
- Unbiased guidance on technology selection and implementation to improve collaboration
- IT architecture audit and assessment
PlumSlice is also in beta trials for its cloud-based collaboration software. To sign up as a beta user, go to www.plumslice.com.
PlumSlice uses the cloud to unite all stakeholders in the product lifecycle to create better products, faster. Our services and software make collaboration easy at all stages of the lifecycle: product design, development, product selection, vendor selection, product information, customer engagement and delivery. Knowing how the cloud works, PlumSlice supports the way people work and communicate today — on mobile devices, socially, and globally.
PlumSlice was founded by a team of retail, ecommerce, and technology veterans. Our goal is to deliver what we felt was missing in product lifecycle technology: one place where all stakeholders can collaborate and communicate to produce and sell goods more economically, creatively, and efficiently. PlumSlice was founded in 2013 and is headquartered in San Francisco. For more information go to www.plumslice.com.