SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Joyus, an innovative online video shopping destination, inspiring women to live beautifully every day, has unveiled an all-new look and feel including an evolution of its video content to regular programming that gives women practical lifestyle tips and solutions. As the Internet continues to become the new television for many consumers, this introduction allows Joyus to innovate on a compelling shopping experience that merges the power of content with commerce. Combining that launch with new shopping and social functionality, engaging expert personalities and an A-list set of media-property partners is all part of the way Joyus is continuing to revolutionize the ecommerce landscape.
“Bringing a new Joyus to life will create an unparalleled online experience for the savvy consumer who wants it all”
Designed to be similar to editorial broadcast segments, the new programming format features regular weekly shows and monthly feature programming. The regular shows, hosted by a Joyus expert, create continuity for consumers and establish a link between product discovery and expert advice, which is what makes Joyus a truly one-of-a-kind shopping experience. Each show is posted to Joyus.com at a regular, reoccurring day and time. There are nine shopping-focused weekly shows that cover fashion, beauty, and health & fitness, with three additional monthly features focusing on bestselling items, favorite items from the Joyus team, and a lookbook feature that showcases beauty, fashion and lifestyle inspiration for the month. In addition, a weekly talk show, hosted by Joyus founder, Sukhinder Singh Cassidy, covers timely trends, issues and conversation topics that are of interest to modern women.
The Joyus team of hosts are experts in each of their fields and are truly passionate about sharing their tips and tricks for helping women look and feel beautiful. With expertise in the fashion, beauty, lifestyle and fitness categories, they have tested, tried out and tried on every product they showcase in their programs and deliver genuine, real-world advice. Customers can chat with hosts during and after each program airs on the video page of the Joyus site to ask questions, share their feedback or offer thoughts, ideas and experiences.
“The brand-new Joyus carries content that will appeal to our women’s motivations, from emotional well-being and healthy eating, to feeling and looking their best, addressing timely issues and giving consumers practical reasons to buy,” said CEO and founder, Sukhinder Singh Cassidy. “With programming that is both entertaining and educational, users are encouraged to participate and interact with us, bonding with our expert hosts, and exploring our product offering.”
Joyus is able to ensure ease of use for all women who visit their site through a patent-pending video shopping player that allows video content to be viewed while users shop in parallel, directly from the video player in real time. This is the first time compelling premium content has truly been merged with full ecommerce shopping capability using online video. The player can also be shared or embedded on any site on the internet, letting users shop Joyus videos from Facebook, a blog, or anywhere on the web.
Joyus is committed to video as one of the web’s most compelling mediums to deliver information and tips to their shoppers. Joyus data has shown that video is proven to convert visitors at 5.15 times the rate of visitors who only browse product listings on the site. Joyus video viewers also buy 4.9 times more than those who don’t watch the product videos.
New Shows & Expert Lineup
The nine new shopping-focused shows include: Style Staples, Casual Chic, The Missing Piece, On Trend, Figure Flattery, Amazing Affordable (in partnership with People StyleWatch), Real Beauty, Healthy Habits and Our Obsessions.
Joyus has cultivated a group of fashion, beauty and lifestyle experts to host the new shows and help their consumers make the best choices for their life. These expert hosts include:
- Kelly Sparks – As a fashion industry veteran, Kelly has brought her unique eye to the likes of Levi's, Bebe, and Esprit De Corps. At Levi’s, Kelly designed their first women's sportswear line and the iconic Red Tab Women's line. She designed Bebe's womenswear and created Bebe Sport. Recently, Kelly developed active lifestyle brands for several new retail experiences, and co-founded StyleKouncil, a personal styling consultancy. Kelly has a B.S. in fashion design from the University of Cincinnati.
- Mikaela South - With 10 years’ experience in the beauty industry, South has a diverse skill set, with expertise in cosmetics and skincare. A standout in her field, South got her start working for Christian Dior and the Benefit Cosmetics boutiques. Since then, she has built a loyal clientele while continuing to work with top fashion, lifestyle and bridal photographers.
- Leandra Rouse - Fitness expert Leandra Rouse is a nutrition and fitness consultant and owner of Tune-Up SF. She brings to Joyus education and extensive professional background in clinical nutrition, personal training, corporate wellness, wellness writing and whole foods cooking.
- Keylee Sanders - Stylist and style expert Keylee Sanders is a 15-year fashion industry veteran, regularly seen in national print and online media talking trends, sharing favorite products and fashion finds, and discussing style. Her client list comprises major TV networks, national publications and celebrity and private clients.
- Daniel Musto - TV personality, fashion expert and celebrity stylist Daniel Musto brings a fresh, engaging voice to Joyus. A member of the Costume Designers Guild, Musto understands the fundamentals of how to make someone look and, by extension, feel their best. His styling knowhow is in high demand by celebrities like Jenny McCarthy, Paula Abdul and Giuliana Rancic.
New Functionality, Branding and Partnerships
In addition to the new programming approach, Joyus has developed compelling new features to help users shop easily. This includes being able to shop videos more seamlessly with a bigger shoppable video player, product browsing and the ability to purchase while watching. In addition, Joyus has launched “New for You,” a customized stream of new videos for each user based on their viewing habits. Visitors can follow shows and thumbs up their favorite video and Joyus will build a personalized playlist over time.
The site is also unveiling new branding with a new Joyus logo and “Live Beautifully” tagline. The new branding is designed to celebrate the modern women who are their customers - fashionable, smart, aspiring and driven.
Finally, Joyus has teamed up with some of the most popular online media properties to bring its video content to new consumers. These properties include AOL StyleList and PeopleStyleWatch.com. As part of these partnerships, Joyus is featured in video content on their sites, creating a premium content and commerce experience for their user base.
A Site Built on Experience
Sukhinder Singh Cassidy, founder and CEO of Joyus.com, has been a leading consumer Internet and media executive, who, prior to founding Joyus in 2011, has more than 18 years of leadership experience at global and early-stage companies including Google, Amazon, Yodlee and News Corp. Most recently, Singh Cassidy served as CEO and Chairman of the Board at the leading social commerce site Polyvore, Inc., CEO-in-Residence with Accel Partners (a leading global consumer Internet venture capital firm, whose investments include Facebook, Groupon, AdMob and Diapers.com), and President of Asia Pacific and Latin America at Google.
“Bringing a new Joyus to life will create an unparalleled online experience for the savvy consumer who wants it all,” said Singh Cassidy. “Like magazines, we inform, entertain and inspire through content, like lifestyle television, we engage viewers with personalities that provide relevant ideas, information and solutions, and like television retail, we create lifetime avid customers by combining shopping, entertainment and social into one brand-new shopping experience.”
Joyus is an innovative video shopping experience inspiring modern women to live beautifully everyday. Joyus's team of fashion, beauty and lifestyle experts bring trusted advice, special product finds, and insider tips to online shopping, creating a truly one-of-a-kind experience, leveraging the power of video. Founded in 2011, the company boasts an experienced and passionate management team from Amazon, Google, eBay, Polyvore, Sendme Mobile, CNET, Hewlett-Packard, Efficient Frontier, Hasbro, Marc Jacobs, Dior Beauty, Mercedes-Benz and Chanel. Joyus was named amongst the "World's Best Retail Web Sites" by Internet Retailer (2012), selected as Brand Innovators' "Top 25 E-Commerce Companies to Watch" (2013) and AO Networks "Top Private Companies to Watch" (2013). Visit www.joyus.com.