CROFTON, Md.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--With a goal to empower patients and disrupt the current model of provider-controlled access to medical images, Purview today announces the launch of its groundbreaking medical image storage and sharing platform. This new and innovative cloud-based platform gives patients greater control over their medical records, reduces health care costs and fundamentally changes the patient-provider dynamic.
“Patients are always connected to a mobile device and they want a say in their health care”
Most patients still typically receive medical images on disc or film, creating a less-than-ideal scenario to obtain second opinions or maintain lifetime medical records. Purview aims to revolutionize this process by providing patients with a simple and secure online portal for medical images that is easily accessible for both patients and providers.
“In 2013 no patient should be beholden to their doctor for access to their medical records,” said Phillip Jackson, general manager and co-founder of Purview. “We’ve been able to control our financial records online for years. Why should patients have to go back into the doctor’s office for a copy of their x-ray? Purview provides a superior way for people to take a more active role in their own medical care by giving patients power and control over their medical images.”
How it works
Any medical image can be directly uploaded to Purview’s secure cloud. Patients and providers then have direct access to those images through an online or mobile portal. From there, they can access, review, manage, share, manipulate or collaborate over images in real time.
- Liberation of health records: With control over their images, patients no longer rely on physicians as gatekeepers for their medical history.
- Patient enablement and empowerment: Purview gives patients cutting-edge technology to advocate for themselves and take a more active role in managing their health care.
- Reduced health care costs: Purview eliminates wasteful health care spending that is costing this country billions of dollars every year. Providers no longer have to perform needless repeat procedures. They also shed overhead costs of physical storage or image production.
- Storage and sharing independent of proprietary platforms: Purview breaks the chains that have tied medial images to the enterprise. Patients have complete access to his/her medical images regardless of where they were created.
With Purview, patients can easily:
- Solicit a second opinion;
- Keep an orderly, historical record of past procedures;
- Have their chosen doctor examine images from anywhere;
- Electronically share images with any physician in the United States;
- Reduce radiation exposure with fewer repeat imaging procedures; and
- Eliminate confusion and clutter associated with multiple physical image copies.
A recent Harris Interactive/HealthDay survey indicated that a growing number of Americans are interested in using mobile devices to better manage their health care. Experts say, however, that technology has yet to deliver meaningful progress to meet this demand.
“Patients are always connected to a mobile device and they want a say in their health care,” said Jackson. “Purview is here to ensure that patients are empowered to take control of what is rightfully theirs. Patients are demanding anywhere, anytime access and we provide it.”
Purview puts patient interests first in everything it does. Its platform is independent of any corporate health system, meaning any patient image can be uploaded, stored and shared. With Purview, patients can electronically send images to any health care provider in the country. This increases the speed of health care, which is critical to increasing positive medical outcomes.
For more information on Purview and how it is changing the foundation of modern health care as we know it, please visit www.purview.net.
Purview democratizes health care by giving patients complete control over their medical images. With its secure cloud platform, Purview allows patients and providers to store, access, review, share, and manage medical images in one online location anywhere, anytime. This increases the speed and quality of health care while reducing cost. Purview is privately held with headquarters in Crofton, Md.