BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Recognized as a pioneer in genomic research, a world class Cardiologist at Scripps in La Jolla and a forward thinking Director for Scripps Translational Science Institute (STSI), Eric Topol is coveted for his relentless research and commitment to improving the future of healthcare through research and technology.
Topol Co-Founded STSI to offer an alternate approach to individualized healthcare by joining genetic research with digital technology. Centering patient treatment around specific genetic make-up, STSI plans to increase quality of care and hospital efficiency, while reducing the cost of care for all parties involved.
Fostering the creation of new drugs and advances in the treatment of heart disease, Topol is also responsible for the ground-breaking discovery of the specific genes that demonstrate an increased risk of a heart attack. Known as one of the most influential physicians in the healthcare community and as one of the most cited medical researchers, Topol’s caliber is evidenced by more than 1,100 articles and 30 medical textbooks.
Topol has earned ceaseless acclaim as the author of The Creative Destruction of Medicine, a book encompassing the latest technological advances in the medical field, as well as the endless possibilities for future advancements that will allow both patients and doctors to detect and monitor conditions in real time through digital technology.
Eric Topol will be highlighted as a Keynote Speaker at The 3rd Annual Digital Healthcare Innovation Summit on November 5.
This event will provide a strategic understanding of the healthcare market and opportunities to drive change and create value for all healthcare constituencies through the intersection of information technology and digital medicine. Areas for discussion include:
- Clinical, medical and healthcare administrative practice changes enabled through digital health technologies
- Technology venture capitalists’ migration to healthcare investing
- Payer/provider connectivity; both within their own institutions and with each other
- Mobile technologies to care for vulnerable populations, applications for “Big Data” in healthcare, consumer empowerment, EMR use beyond Meaningful Use, and more
- This event will bring together established leaders within the HCIT universe and some of the fastest growing and highest profile digital health start-ups
To reserve your seat at The 3rd Annual Digital Healthcare Innovation Summit, register at www.digitalhealthcaresummit.com or contact Cathy Fenn, IBF’s Registrar at (516) 765-9005.