KEENE, N.H.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Kennedy Consulting Research & Advisory, the leader in market analysis on the consulting profession, announces an in-depth examination of the Forensics & Dispute Advisory (F&DA) marketplace. The report identifies current engagement trends and rates top firms’ specific advisory competencies, strengths and weaknesses in a marketplace occupied by such diverse providers as:
“Technology is also playing an ever-increasing role in investigations and disputes”
- Niche litigation/dispute support specialists
- Midsized financial advisory firms
- The big four consulting firms
- “F&DA purist” firms and practices that focus primarily on delivering expert witness services in economics and financial disputes
“The recession has reshaped the F&DA landscape, impacting the procurement and delivery of F&DA services, as well as the budget for retaining outside counsel,” according to Erick Burchfield, Project Lead and Kennedy’s Managing Director of Research. “Firms and clients alike are re-engaging in complex litigation in such areas as intellectual property, privacy and data protection, as well as fraud and corruption.”
“Technology is also playing an ever-increasing role in investigations and disputes,” Burchfield continued. “Given the exploding volumes of data to sort through, organize, and analyze, the need for technology tools to automate and filter through discovery and accounting information has had a meaningful impact on how F&DA engagements are being conducted.”
The exclusive research examines these and other core issues impacting the competitive landscape and demand for services. It also includes in-depth profiles of Forensics & Dispute Advisory firms with capability maps illustrating each practice’s standing across the key engagement areas of:
- Data and Event Forensic Analysis — use of forensic accounting and forensic analytics techniques to conduct investigatory activity
- Securities Investigations and Accounting Malpractice — includes practices’ ability to assist clients with regulatory investigations arising from allegations of market manipulation, misleading shareholders, or violation of fiduciary responsibilities and regulations
- Corruption, Bribery and Money Laundering Investigation — practice capabilities in assisting clients with regulatory allegations of white-collar crime, including fraud, corruption, bribery, money laundering, and arms trafficking, for example
- Regulatory Investigations (Internal/External) — practice capabilities in assisting with regulatory investigations not otherwise captured above, including noncompliance investigations surrounding tax, trade, banking, foreign asset control and ownership, and global environmental investigations
- Other Forensic Accounting Services — all other forensic investigative services, including data security and privacy breach investigations and asset recovery services
Dispute Analysis & Advisory
- International Arbitration/Mediation — capabilities in advising client international arbitration settings, where an increasing number of disputes are now being resolved
- Data and Document Management Advisory — advisory services on litigation and dispute data management and assistance with client and counsel efforts to identify critical data items of relevance to the dispute
- IP Litigation — practice advisory capabilities in disputes pertaining to theft of intellectual property and resulting damages and lost profits analysis
- Bankruptcy/Restructuring Litigation — practice advisory capabilities in disputes pertaining to suits brought by creditors and shareholders in bankruptcy settings
- Economics, Antitrust, Competition & Valuation — M&A antitrust work typically resulting from DOJ, FTC, or European Competition investigation or transaction-related disputes involving asset valuation
- Other Dispute Analysis & Advisory Services — includes other dispute support such as cybersecurity and information privacy, environmental, tax, international trade, and labor and employment
Profiled firms in Forensics & Dispute Advisory include:
- AlixPartners; Alvarez & Marsal; The Brattle Group; Charles River Associates; Deloitte; Ernst & Young; FTI Consulting; Grant Thornton; KPMG; Kroll; Navigant; NERA; Protiviti; and PwC
Plus mini-profiles of the following:
- Baker Tilly; BDO International; CBIZ; Control Risks; Cornerstone Research; Crow Horwath; Duff & Phelps; Experis (formerly Jefferson Wells); and RSM International
Consulting Research & Advisory
A Bloomberg BNA Business
Founded in 1970, Kennedy Consulting Research & Advisory provides accurate and reliable market sizing and forecasts on consulting services world-wide, needs-analysis and vendor profiling for buyers of consulting services, timely and insightful intelligence on the top consulting firms in their respective markets, and operational benchmarks that measure consulting performance.
Kennedy's research spans multiple service areas, client vertical industries, and geographies. Our analysts provide expert commentary at consulting industry events world-wide, and offer custom research for Management Consulting and IT Services firms.
Kennedy's advisory services provide results-oriented strategic guidance to buyers and sellers of consulting services.
Our clientele consists of Fortune 500 companies and the most highly regarded professional services firms in the world, representing over 90% of the service providers in consulting.
Kennedy’s parent company, Bloomberg BNA, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bloomberg L.P., is a leading source of legal, regulatory, and business information for professionals.
More information is available for you at www.KennedyInfo.com/Consulting.