ERFURT, Germany--(BUSINESS WIRE)--X-FAB:
X-FAB Silicon Foundries, the leading pure-play foundry for analog/mixed-signal semiconductor applications
Will present a series of four free webinars during September and October 2013 about how to achieve first-time-right silicon in analog designs. Although first-time-right for digital designs is state-of-the-art, achieving the same for analog design remains a significant issue; many designs still require multiple iterations before they can go into production. This series of hour-long webinars covers the main aspects impacting first-time-right performance and provides hands-on advice on how to achieve functional silicon at first design iteration. Click here to register.
Webinar #1 Can first-time-right analog design be achieved working with foundries? – Selecting the right process
- Showing first-time-right performance statistics from X-FAB’s customer base, this first session outlines the challenges involved in achieving first-time-right analog designs. It talks about what impact the choice of process architecture makes, and discusses the pros and cons of different process architectures including SOI and BCD.
- (Sept. 10 – North & South America; Sept. 11 – EMEA & Asia/Pacific)
Webinar #2 Pre-requisites for first-time-right success – Modeling and process characterization
- It focuses on the importance of proper characterization data for successful analog design, and discusses how modeling and process characterization can make life easier for analog design engineers. It covers statistic modeling approaches, model quality assurance and process calibration.
- (Sept. 25 – North & South America; Sept. 26 – EMEA & Asia/Pacific)
Webinar #3 Taming the analog beast – Using X-FAB’s PDKs and the right design methodology
- It provides guidance through the EDA environment and describes the interaction among EDA tools, design methodology and PDKs to optimize the design process. It uses selected reference flows and best practice examples for critical components during the design phase.
- (Oct. 9 – EMEA & Asia/Pacific; Oct. 10 – North America & South America
Webinar #4 Making analog designs successful – Tips & tricks
- Is there magic that makes analog designs successful? How can designs achieve ESD (electro-static discharge) specifications? Do DFM methods make designs more robust? This webinar answers these questions and provides tips & tricks for analog design.
- (Oct. 23 – North America & South America; Oct. 24 – EMEA & Asia/Pacific)
X-FAB’s free online fall series of Webinars takes place at 9 a.m. CET and 9:30 a.m. PST. Registration is now open. Click here to register.
X-FAB is the leading analog/mixed-signal foundry group manufacturing silicon wafers for analog-digital integrated circuits (mixed-signal ICs). X-FAB maintains wafer production facilities in Erfurt, Dresden and Itzehoe (Germany), Lubbock, Texas (US) and Kuching, Sarawak (Malaysia), and employs approximately 2,400 people worldwide. It manufactures wafers based on advanced modular CMOS and BiCMOS processes with technologies ranging from 1.0 to 0.18 micrometers, for applications primarily in the automotive, communications, consumer and industrial sectors. For more information, please visit www.xfab.com.