BETHESDA, Md.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Calvert’s Sustainability Research Department has submitted the following recommendation regarding companies that are newly eligible to join the universe from which the 2013 Calvert Social Index will be constructed. If approved, the following recommendations will be effective when the Calvert Social Index Committee convenes its quarterly meeting in September 2013 to conclude the annual reconstitution process for the Calvert Social Index.
The following companies have recently been reviewed and meet the Index’s sustainability standards:
- Manitowoc Company, Inc. (NYSE: MTW)
- Greif Inc. (NYSE: GEF)
- SemGroup Corporation (NYSE: SEMG)
- Mentor Graphics Corporation (NASDAQ: MENT)
- DigitalGlobe, Inc. (NYSE: DGI)
- FleetCor Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: FLT)
- 3D Systems Corporation (NYSE: DDD)
- Avago Technologies Ltd. (NASDAQ: AVGO)
- MRC Global Inc. (NYSE: MRC)
- Delphi Automotive PLC (NYSE: DLPH)
- The ADT Corporation (NYSE: ADT)
- KAR Auction Services, Inc. (NYSE: KAR)
- Realogy Holdings Corp. (NYSE: RLGY)
- Regal Entertainment Group (NYSE: RGC)
- WhiteWave Food Company (NYSE: WWAV)
Calvert, a leader in sustainable and responsible investing, has created the Calvert Social Index, a broad-based, rigorously constructed benchmark for measuring the performance of US-based sustainable and responsible companies.
Calvert starts by taking the 1,000 largest companies in the US, based on total market capitalization, included in the Dow Jones Total Market Index (the “Dow Jones TMI”). The Dow Jones TMI represents the top 95% of U.S. companies based on float-adjusted market capitalization, excluding the very smallest and least-liquid stocks. Calvert's Sustainability Research Department then analyzes each company. A sustainability audit is conducted in the following areas: governance and ethics; environment; workplace; product safety and impact; community relations; international operations and human rights; and indigenous peoples’ rights. The stocks that meet the Index’s sustainable and responsible criteria make up the Calvert Social Index.
Calvert Investment Management, Inc., 4550 Montgomery Avenue, Suite 1000N, Bethesda, MD 20814 (8/13) #13417