EATONTOWN, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--IPKeys, a member of the OpenADR Alliance, attended the Alliance’s recent certification event held at Intertek’s Menlo Park, California offices from 14 – 15 August, 2012. IPKeys is pleased to announce the following IPKeys products were OpenADR 2.0b certified at the test event:
“We are very pleased to announce the OpenADR 2.0b VTN and VEN certification of IPKeys EISSTM products”
- Energy Interop Server & System (EISS™) 2.0 – IPKeys’ Virtual Top Node (VTN) or demand response automation server
- EISSBox 2.0 – IPKeys’ Virtual End Node (VEN) or OpenADR 2.0b energy services interface.
“We are very pleased to announce the OpenADR 2.0b VTN and VEN certification of IPKeys EISSTM products”, said Robert Nawy, IPKeys’ Managing Director & CFO. Mr. Nawy continued, “IPKeys has been at the forefront of the OpenADR 2.0 schema development, testing process and early secure field implementations for the past two years, and we see the 2.0b certification as a ground breaker across all sectors for energy generation, aggregation, resale, distribution and consumption in the commercial, industrial and residential markets.”
The OpenADR 2.0b feature set was developed for advanced demand response systems and provides a rich set of functionality for utilities, aggregators, manufacturers and consumers. The new OpenADR 2.0b standard provides enhanced EiEvent Services that are necessary for rapid response time-sensitive signaling and control in ancillary services energy markets such as spinning reserves, regulation and automated DR programs.
Of special interest is EISS™ 2.0’s standards-based metering and telemetry module. Making use of the EiReport web service – newly available in OpenADR 2.0b – EISS™ 2.0 offers the following new capabilities:
- Ablity to store data and dynamically export it to legacy systems
- Delivery of rapid interval seconds based telemetry sampling rates to satisfy demanding time sensitive energy market requirements
- Capability to configure variable metering rates, the EISSBox 2.0 can shift from low rate to high rate during demand response (DR) events enabling high resolution energy consumption details during events and minimizing data flow during non-events
- Distribution of automated text and email notifications for demand response events, market calls to perform, price threshold and block and index load sheds.
Additionally, OpenADR 2.0b certified systems support the following new enhanced web services:
- EiEvent Service – supports many different signaling options, including energy price conveyance and device control parameters which permit signaling of shed strategies based on a percentage up or down, shed to a baseline, and setting thermostat values.
- EiReport Service – the ability to report periodic or one-time information on the state of a load or generation asset. This service is used to return telemetry data from the VEN (or a meter sending a data stream to the VEN) to the VTN.
- EiRegisterParty Service – used to automatically register a VEN with a VTN to identify and receive information.
- EiOpt Service – used to create and communicate Opt-In and Opt-Out schedules from the VEN to the VTN. These schedules define temporary changes in the VEN’s availability, and may be combined with longer term availability schedules to give a complete picture of the willingness of the VEN to respond to EiEvents received by the VEN.
About OpenADR Alliance
The mission of the OpenADR Alliance is to foster the development, adoption and compliance of the OpenADR standards through collaboration, education, training, testing and certification.
IPKeys Technologies, LLC is an emerging strategic partner in the energy, DoD, and commercial sectors, delivering expertise in the definition, development, integration, and deployment of Internet Protocol (“IP”) standards based technology and communications systems. IPKeys provides the standards based energy interoperations software, network communications engineering and enterprise security solutions that enable energy providers and their customers to achieve the promise of a more reliable, safer and more economically beneficial Smart Grid.
For additional information regarding IPKeys, please contact Robert Nawy at 732-389-8112 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.