SAN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Staying updated on the latest technology is one of the many challenges engineers face today. To help designers meet this challenge, Fairchild Semiconductor (NYSE: FCS), a leading global supplier of high performance power and mobile solutions, is pleased to begin its eighth season of worldwide technical power seminars.
Starting in September 2013 in Europe with 13 locations, the seminars will also include 13 cities in the Americas and 4 in Asia in early 2014.
This seasons’ power seminar series – themed “Engineering Energy Efficiency” – is a comprehensive one-day seminar providing rich technical and practical presentations that combine new, advanced power supply concepts, tutorial review of basic design principles, and “hands-on” real-world application examples.
The focus of Fairchild power seminars is on technologies and techniques, not products. The new topics for 2013-2014 range from:
- advanced or emerging power technologies (critical design issues of LLC resonant converters, current shaping strategies for buck PFC),
- design issues in key applications (low-voltage dc-dc converters, high power HB-LEDs),
- design examples (rapid-iteration flyback design)
The seminars are ideal for engineers looking for the latest advancements in power supply design, as well as those looking for a refresher. The attendees will receive in-depth theoretical and practical discussions on each topic and pros and cons of different solutions to improve energy efficiency and system performance. Each of the presentations is accompanied by a technical paper with the full in-depth treatment of the topic for reference.
The 2013-2014 Power Seminar technical sessions include:
- The LLC Resonant Converter: Design Issues and Solutions – highlighting the critical design issues of the LLC resonant converter including synchronous rectification and discussing potential solutions to solve them.
- Driving HB-LEDs in High-Power Industrial Fixtures – addressing some of the specific challenges designers face when considering power supply design solutions for HB-LED lighting applications.
- Current Shaping Strategies for Buck Power Factor Correction (PFC) – discussing two possible control techniques for a buck PFC converter, where the input current is indirectly shaped by shaping the inductor current.
- Improve Flyback Design Performance with a Rapid Iteration Approach – highlighting capable design software that enables an engineer to optimize a circuit by comparing the performance of many different design alternatives in a short time.
- Evolution in Packaging for Optimum Efficiency and Size in Low Voltage DC-DC Applications – focusing on the advantages of co-packaging two power MOSFET die along with a gate driver IC die to form a low voltage, high current multi-chip module (MCM) synchronous buck power stage.
|10/8/2013||Brno||Republic of Czechoslovakia|
Locations, schedules and descriptions of each technical session, as well as registration information, is available at: fairchildsemi.com/powerseminar
Registration is limited at each location. Anyone wishing to participate should register as soon as possible. There is a $75 per person registration fee for these full-day seminars, which includes a continental breakfast, lunch, a copy of the seminar presentation material and corresponding white papers.
About Fairchild Semiconductor:
Fairchild Semiconductor (NYSE: FCS) – global presence, local support, smart ideas. Fairchild delivers energy-efficient, easy-to-use and value-added semiconductor solutions for power and mobile designs. We help our customers differentiate their products and solve difficult technical challenges with our expertise in power and analog and mixed signal products. Please contact us on the web at http://www.fairchildsemi.com.
Follow us on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/FairchildSemi
View product and company videos, listen to podcasts and comment on our blog @ http://engineeringconnections.com/blog/
Visit us on Facebook @ http://www.facebook.com/FairchildSemiconductor