SOUTHAMPTON, England--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Fulfill the ultimate adventure aspiration and set sail with Cunard Line, the leader in sailing world voyages with more experience in offering these legendary itineraries than any other cruise line. In 1922, Cunard invented the world voyage when Laconia set off on the first-ever circumnavigation of the globe by a passenger ship, and since then Cunard ships have undertaken more world voyages, carried more passengers on world voyages and visited more destinations during world voyages than any other line.
“Cunard continues its tradition of being the world voyage leader”
In 2015, Cunard will commemorate the 175th year of the company’s founding, and the global voyages planned will celebrate this significant milestone in style. This festive time will herald several Cunard Royal Rendezvous events during the World Voyage itineraries: Queen Mary 2 and Queen Elizabeth will depart Southampton together on 10 January; on 12 March, Queen Mary 2 and Queen Victoria will meet in Sydney; and on 3 May, all three Queens will return from their World Voyages to Southampton.
Cunard’s 2015 World Voyages and Exotic Cruises Programme will feature voyages ranging from eight to 127 days aboard Queen Mary 2, Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth. Plus, passengers will have the option to combine itineraries into and out of Sydney, Australia across two ocean liners to create customised World Voyage options with a land portion in between. Passengers have the opportunity to visit South Africa or the South Pacific, to circumnavigate Australia, and to discover the excitement of Japan and Southeast Asia. Together, the ships will visit 82 unique destinations in 46 countries, from major cities to less frequented locales.
The programme opens for pre-registration today and opens for sale on 5 September at 5:00am PT.
“Cunard continues its tradition of being the world voyage leader,” said Peter Shanks, president of Cunard Line. “We have completed more circumnavigations and taken more passengers on this incredible journey than any other cruise line. And no other ships are welcomed around the world as warmly as the Cunard fleet. Our ships’ arrivals into port attract well-wishers in the thousands – on the water and ashore – it is part of the magic of the Cunard world voyage experience.”
Queen Mary 2
With four maiden calls and an enhanced East-West loop including New Zealand, flagship Queen Mary 2 kicks off her exciting 113-night World Voyage from Southampton and will visit 38 ports of call in 21 countries.
Destination highlights will include celebrating Chinese New Year in Sanya, China; travelling through the Suez Canal; extensive cruising of New Zealand’s Fjordland and iconic city waterfronts; Sydney Harbour; and an East-West loop that includes Auckland, Singapore and Hong Kong.
Maiden calls will include Bandar Seri Begawan (Brunei), Bitung (Indonesia), Sanya (China) and Sihanoukville (Cambodia).
Overnight calls will include Sokhna, Dubai, Hong Kong, Auckland and Cape Town.
Regional Voyages provide passengers the opportunity to enjoy Cunard’s distinctive World Voyage experience in a shorter time frame, ranging from eight to 24 days with fares starting from $1,599, and will include:
- 20-day Southampton to Dubai – includes an overnight in Sokhna and Dubai
- 14-day Dubai to Singapore
- 8-day Singapore to Hong Kong
- 19-day Hong Kong to Sydney – includes an overnight stay in Hong Kong
- 13-day Sydney to Sydney – includes an overnight stay in Auckland
- 24-day Sydney to Cape Town – includes an overnight stay in Cape Town
- 15-day Cape Town to Southampton
Full World Voyage fares for Queen Mary 2 start from $16,399.
Queen Victoria’s 103-night Pacific Exploration itinerary will visit 33 ports in 21 countries, including two Panama Canal transits and two Transatlantic Crossings. Additional options include a South Pacific cruise starting in Los Angeles or San Francisco, visiting Sydney, and then returning to Los Angeles. Guests will also have the chance to view other iconic city waterfronts such as New York, Sydney Harbour and Auckland with one overnight call in Sydney.
Queen Victoria will make five maiden calls during her World Voyage: Akaroa (New Zealand), Bora Bora, Puerto Limón (Costa Rica), Rarotonga (Cook Islands) and San Juan del Sur (Nicaragua).
Exotic Cruises range from eight to 27 days, with fares starting from $1,499, and will include:
- 13-day Southampton to Fort Lauderdale
- 17-day Fort Lauderdale to San Francisco
- 15-day Fort Lauderdale to Los Angeles
- 21-day Los Angeles to Sydney
- 19-day San Francisco to Sydney
- 27-day Sydney to Los Angeles – includes an overnight stay in Sydney
- 19-day Los Angeles to New York
- 15-day Los Angeles to Fort Lauderdale
- 12-day Fort Lauderdale to Southampton
- 8-day New York to Southampton
Full World Voyage fares for Queen Victoria start from $12,699.
In 2015, Queen Elizabeth will sail a captivating 112-night Western Circumnavigation itinerary that will visit 38 ports in 26 countries, including her sail past Gallipoli on 24 April 2015 to commemorate ANZAC Day and the 100th Anniversary of the Gallipoli Campaign of World War One.
In addition, passengers will travel through the Panama Canal and Suez Canal and under the Golden Gate Bridge, and visit the iconic city waterfronts of New York, San Francisco, Sydney Harbour, Shanghai and Hong Kong. Overnight calls include San Francisco, Sydney, Hong Kong and Instanbul.
Queen Elizabeth will make one maiden call to Yorkeys Knob (Queensland).
Regional Voyages range from 8 to 22 days, with fares starting from $1,499, and will include:
- 11-day Southampton to Fort Lauderdale
- 8-day Southampton to New York
- 21-day New York to San Francisco – includes an overnight stay in San Francisco
- 18-day New York to Los Angeles
- 18-day Fort Lauderdale to San Francisco – includes an overnight stay in San Francisco
- 15-day Fort Lauderdale to Los Angeles
- 22-day San Francisco to Sydney
- 15-day Sydney to Yokohama – includes an overnight stay in Sydney
- 16-day Yokohama to Singapore
- 10-day Singapore to Dubai
- 20-day Dubai to Southampton – includes an overnight stay in Instanbul
Full World Voyage fares for Queen Elizabeth start from $15,499.
All voyage fares quoted are per person, based on double occupancy.
World Voyage Land Tours include:
- The Wonders of Middle Earth: Three nights in New Zealand visiting the glow-worm caves of Waitomo and The Hobbit movie set
- Cape Town & Safari: Two nights including game drives in the Aquila Game reserve
- Hong Kong and a Taste of China: Three nights including a tour of The Peak and a glimpse of the Terracotta Warriors at Shennzhen
- San Francisco: Two nights including a Redwood tour, a visit to the artist district in Sausalito and the Golden Gate Bridge
- Traditional Singapore: Three nights including a city tour and afternoon tea at the Raffles Hotel
- Sydney - Tall ships and Beaches: Three nights including an 1850s tall ship harbor cruise and a wildlife park visit
Enhanced Benefits Programme
Passengers who book their 2015 World Voyages and Exotic Cruises adventure before 28 February 2014 will receive an On Board Credit of up to $3,000 per stateroom on Full World and Liner Voyages, and will also receive a reduced deposit.
In addition to On Board Credit, World Club members will receive additional savings of up to $2,000 per person on bookings made before 28 February 2014.
White Star Premier Package
Cunard introduces the White Star Premier Package for Full World Voyage guests and offers roundtrip Economy airfare credit, pre-cruise hotel, transfers, White Star Luggage service, additional On Board Credit, Internet and pre-cruise World Concierge Services. Princess Grill and Queens Grill Suite guests who purchase the White Star Premiere Package will be upgraded to Business Class airfare credit and executive car transfers. The White Star Premiere Package starts from $4,300 per person.
To view the complete 2015 World Voyages and Exotic Cruises schedule, visit http://www.cunard.com/prereg.
For more information and to book a 2015 Cunard World Voyage and Exotic Cruise aboard Queen Mary 2, Queen Victoria or Queen Elizabeth, call Cunard toll-free at 1-800-728-6273 or visit www.cunard.com.
About Cunard Line
Cunard Line, operator of the luxury ocean liners Queen Mary 2, Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth, has long been synonymous with the quest for new discoveries and the epitome of British refinement since the company's first paddle-wheeled steamer, Britannia, crossed the Atlantic in 1840. Cunard voyages bring together like-minded travellers who seek a civilised adventure and relish the Cunard hallmarks of impeccable White Star Service, gourmet dining and world-class entertainment. Today, Cunard offers the only regularly scheduled Transatlantic liner service and continues the legacy of world cruising which it began in 1922.
World’s Leading Cruise Lines
Cunard is a proud member of World's Leading Cruise Lines. Our exclusive alliance also includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, Costa Cruises and Seabourn. Sharing a passion to please each guest and a commitment to quality and value, World’s Leading Cruise Lines inspires people to discover their best vacation experience. Together, we offer a variety of exciting and enriching cruise vacations to the world's most desirable destinations. Visit us at www.worldsleadingcruiselines.com.
Cunard can be found on:
Cunard photography is available online at www.cunardimages.com
Login ID: press