HOUSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The 2013 Houston Energy Conference “THE ENERGY CAPITAL OF THE WORLD,” hosted by the Houston CPA Society, will be August 27, 2013 at the Norris Conference Center at Town & Country at I-10 West and Beltway 8.
The theme is Energy 2013: The Revised Economy and What Fuels the World Markets. The conference will focus on the status of the current energy market. Accountants, finance professionals, lawyers and operational professionals will receive a 9 hour view of the industry in this event. Leading industry & economic professionals will discuss the industry today and partners from each of the Big 4 Accounting Firms will address current regulatory, accounting, tax and valuation issues facing the industry.
Bobby Tudor, Chairman and CEO of Tudor, Pickering Holt & Co, will be the luncheon keynote speaker.
Other highlighted speakers:
- Ron Harrell, Chairman Emeritus, Ryder Scott Co L.P., will be the speaker on Oil & Gas today
- Dave Sharp, Principal with Floridian Natural Gas Storage, will discuss the US midstream outlook
- Peter Hartley, Rice Energy Economics Professor, will be the afternoon speaker on the global economic outlook
Leading Partners in the Big 4 will discuss the following:
- Tim Buford, partner of PricewaterhouseCoopers, will give an energy tax update
- Chris Champion, partner of KPMG, will give an update in accounting and SEC matters
- Suzie Kupiec, partner of Ernst and Young, will give an update on the Dodd Frank Act
- John England, partner of Deloitte, will give an update on Oil & Gas emerging trends
Space is limited to 300 people. To register call 713.622.7733. Members & Non CPAs: $225.00. Nonmembers: $300.00. Nine (9) CPE Credit hours.
The Houston CPA Society is honored to host this event bringing the leaders of industry together with leaders of the CPA profession.