KEENE, N.H.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--G2 Intelligence — a 30+ year leader in research, reporting, and analysis on the business of the diagnostic lab industry — announced today the full agenda and list of speakers for Lab Institute 2013, the unique industry meeting place where lab medicine, business and technology, politics, and public policy meet. The event will be held in Arlington, Virginia, October 16-18, at the Hyatt Regency Crystal City.
“Many labs are already experiencing the repercussions of this make-or-break environment. That’s why this year’s agenda is focused on helping organizations of all sizes navigate the many challenges, while uncovering new opportunities for innovation and growth.”
“Clinical and anatomic laboratory organizations are finding themselves at a critical juncture in today’s restructuring marketplace, and everyone must adapt to survive in today's onerous reimbursement climate,” states Dennis Weissman, G2’s Executive Editor and Lab Institute Program Chair. “The most recent example: CMS is proposing changes and cut reimbursement for pathology codes—by 26% overall when services are provided by independent labs.”
Stephanie Murg, G2’s Managing Director, continues, “Many labs are already experiencing the repercussions of this make-or-break environment. That’s why this year’s agenda is focused on helping organizations of all sizes navigate the many challenges, while uncovering new opportunities for innovation and growth.”
G2 is thrilled to announce five keynote speakers, all renowned industry leaders in their fields.
- David P. King, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Laboratory Corporation of America® Holdings and Chairman, American Clinical Laboratory Association — who will speak on the State of the Lab Industry in a dynamic interactive session
- David Dexter, President and CEO, Sonora Quest Laboratories, LLC — a timely examination of the State of the Health Care System: Banner Health and Sonora Quest Labs Prepare for the Next Stage of Market Realignment
- Jeffrey C. Bauer, Ph.D., Independent Health Futurist and Medical Economist — A Futurist’s Diagnosis and Prognosis of Health Care Reform: Obamacare or ?, featuring important insights surrounding ACA implementation, the politics of reform, and opportunities for the lab sector
- Reed Tuckson, M.D., FACP, Managing Director, Tuckson Health Connections; former Executive Vice President and Chief of Medical Affairs, UnitedHealth Group — find out why Dr. Tuckson has a fundamentally positive view of the future of health care during his address, The Future of Health Care: How Data Analysis and Technology are Transforming Medicine
- Alan Wright, M.D., MPH, Chief Medical Officer, Roche Diagnostics Corporation — consider ways to “revalue” diagnostics within today’s health care system during Dr. Wright’s address, Raising the Value of Diagnostics in the Era of Personalized Medicine
The three-day event surrounding the theme, It’s Make or Break Time: A Path Forward for Labs, also features a full roster of new general sessions, 16 new breakout sessions in 4 crucial focus areas, 2 pre-conference workshops, and the Lab Town Hall Meeting. Topics include:
- The Capitol Hill Two-Step: Dancing Around Deficit Reduction and Entitlement Reform
- Congressional Showdown for Labs and Pathologists: An Inside Look at What to Expect
- Accountable Care Models are Here to Stay: The Case for Patient-Centric Lab Testing
- Phasing Out Fee-for-Service Reimbursement: How Labs Can Adapt to New Payment Models
- Welcome to the New World of Accountable Care: Redefining the Role of Labs and Pathologists
- Meet MEDgle: Big Data, Health Care, and Clinical Diagnostics
- The Promise and Payoff of Molecular Testing: A Conversation with Douglas M. VanOort
- Can’t-Miss Closing Session! G2 Power Players: Lab CEOs Tell it Like it Is
- PLUS 2 half-day intensive workshops: Utilization Management: Controlling Costs and Improving Outcomes; and The Molecular Muddle: Staying on Top of New Billing and Payment Changes
This year’s distinguished faculty includes:
- Stewart S. Adelman, M.T. (ASCP), CEO, Puget Sound Institute of Pathology
- Edward Ashwood M.D., President and CEO, ARUP Laboratories
- Ginger Baker, Chief of USA Business Development, BITAC MAP SL
- Michael S. Barr, M.D., MBA, FACP, Senior Vice President, Division of Medical Practice, Professionalism & Quality (MPPQ), American College of Physicians
- George B. Breen, Member of the Firm, Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Ken Cerney, Chief Executive Officer, Manhattan Labs
- James C. Clark, B.S., S.M. (ASCP), Microbiology Department Manager, Professional Clinical Laboratories (PCL) Alverno
- Richard Cooper, Esq., Member, McDonald Hopkins LLC
- Domnita Crisan, M.D., Ph.D., Medical Director, Molecular Pathology, William Beaumont Hospital
- Ash Damle, Chairman and CEO, MEDgle
- Leonard Feldman, M.D., SFHM, FAAP, FACP Assistant Professor of Medicine and Director, Med-Peds Urban Health Residency Program, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Peter E. Fisher, M.D., MBA, President and CEO of Health Network Laboratories; Clinical Laboratory Director
- Daniel E. Gospin, Member of the Firm, Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Hakon Hakonarson, M.D., Ph.D., Director for Applied Genomics, The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and Associate Professor of Pediatrics, University Pennsylvania School of Medicine
- James S. Hernandez, M.D., M.S. Medical Director and Chair, Division of Laboratory Medicine; Associate Professor of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology; Mayo Clinic Arizona; Scottsdale and Phoenix, Arizona
- Eleanor Herriman, M.D., M.B.A., Managing Director, Advisory Services, G2 Intelligence
- Craig Holden, President and Chief Operating Officer, Ober|Kaler
- Timothy Johnson, Managing Partner, England & Company
- Dale R. Kahn, M.T. (ASCP), Central Laboratory Director, PCL Alverno
- Steven C. LaTourette, President, McDonald Hopkins Government Strategies™, U.S. Representative (R-OH), 1995-2012
- Tonya Mallory, B.S., M.S., CEO, President and Co-Founder, Health Diagnostic Laboratory Inc.
- Alan Mertz, President, American Clinical Laboratory Association
- Richard Nicholson, CEO, West Pacific Medical Laboratory
- Jennifer Nord Mallard, Director, Federal Government Relations, Mayo Clinic
- Barry Portugal, President, Health Care Development Services, Inc.
- Mick Raich, President, Vachette Pathology
- Charles B. Root, Ph.D., CEO, CodeMap LLC
- Gualberto Ruaño, M.D., Ph.D., President and CEO, Genomas, Inc.; Laboratory and Medical Director, Laboratory of Personalized Health; Director of Genetics Research, Hartford Hospital
- John H. Scott, Vice President, Advocacy and Policy, College of American Pathologists
- Michael Snyder, Principal, Clinical Lab Business Solutions LLC
- Gregory Solak, Vice President, Laboratory Services, Kaleida Health
- Dennis Sumwalt, Vice President Integrated Laboratory Services for Sanford Health
- Christopher A. Tormey, M.D., Assistant Professor of Laboratory Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine and VA Connecticut Healthcare System
- Douglas M. VanOort, Chairman of the Board of Directors and Chief Executive Officer, NeoGenomics Laboratories
- Francisco Velàzquez, M.D., S.M., President and CEO, PAML LLC & PAML Ventures
- Diana Voorhees, Principal/CEO, DV & Associates, Inc.
- Jeffrey S. Warren, M.D. Professor, Department of Pathology; Aldred S. Warthin Professor; and Director, Division of Clinical Pathology, University of Michigan
- Rina Wolf, Vice President of Commercialization Strategies, Consulting, and Industry Affairs, XIFIN
To find out more, or to register for Lab Institute 2013, go to www.LabInstitute.com or call 1.800.531.1026. Special $200 savings for early registrants is available through Friday, September 6. Group discounts are available for three or more people from the same organization. For group registrations, please call Jeff Watkins at 973.718.4709 to facilitate your registration, or email jwatkins@G2Intelligence.com.
About G2 Intelligence
Advancing the Business of Diagnostic Medicine
G2 Intelligence provides timely, accurate, and trusted analysis of industry and market trends, legal and regulatory developments, and technology and innovation that directly affect the operations, financial performance, and competitive position of diagnostic testing laboratories and related medical services providers.
G2 Intelligence has covered and reported on the diagnostic industry for over 30 years. Today, the company delivers topical and analytical periodicals, proprietary research studies, and custom advisory services, and through live and virtual events, facilitates industry meetings and information exchanges.
G2 Intelligence is a division of Kennedy Information, LLC, a leading provider of professional markets analysis. Kennedy’s parent company, Bloomberg BNA, a wholly owned subsidiary of Bloomberg, is a leading source of legal, regulatory, and business information for professionals. Its network of more than 2,500 reporters, correspondents, and leading practitioners delivers expert analysis, news, practice tools, and guidance — the information that matters most to professionals.
More information is available for you at www.G2Intelligence.com.