SHANGHAI, China--(BUSINESS WIRE)--From 2013 to 2017, Asia will contribute 67% of the world’s new demand for light olefins, and China alone, 47%. Meanwhile, PDH projects are expanding in China, and methanol-to-olefins (MTO) technology is under upgrade to achieve greater capacity, higher olefin selectivity and lower cost. What’s more, the global olefins industry is preparing for the changing market and strengthening its competitiveness for the future.
At this changing point, CBI BIZ will hold the 8th International Olefins Annual Conference 2013 in Shanghai on October 30th-31st, which will bring olefins & derivatives players worldwide together to figure out the balance of future supply & demand and create more value out of the C2/C3/C4/C5 chains.
Topics will include:
1. Global Competition Landscape
- Olefin Derivatives Expansion Plans and Export Prospects in US
- Japan Perspective: Regaining the Competitive Advantage for the Future
- Middle East – A Viable Option for Resin Procurement?
2. Prospects for Integrated Projects & On-purpose Projects
- Outlook for Asia’s Olefins & Downstream Industry & Related Industries
- Optimized Integrated Olefins Process to Maximize Profitability
- A Quick Snapshot on Global PDH Projects
- What is happening and what will happen to the PDH projects in China?
- Prospects on Coal-to-Olefin Industry’s Technical and Economic Competitiveness
- Logistics Economics: Trade Flow From Feedstock to Olefin Derivatives
3. Co-products & Demand Dynamics
- Analysis on Global Economy & Potential Risk - Looking to the Olefins Industry’s Potential for Future Investment and Consumption in Asia
- China Olefins Downstream Overview – Does China Really Need to Be Self-sufficient?
- Making Fortune Out of the C4, C5 Value Chains
- Linear Alpha Olefin Technology Today and Its Application
Top players and industry leaders such as Arkema (China) Investment, BASF-YPC, CNOOC and Shell petrochemical, Formosa Petrochemicals, JX Nippon Oil & Energy, LANXESS Chemical (China), Lummus Technology, LyondellBasell, Marubeni, Mitsubishi, Petronas Chemicals Group, PTT, Sabic Asia Pacific, Shanghai SECCO Petrochemical, Shell Eastern Trading Singapore, SK Global Chemicals, Tasnee Petrochemicals, Dow Chemical and Tongsuh Petrochemical have shown great interests in attending this event.
For more information, please visit: http://events.cbichina.com/con/olefin2013/index.html.