HARTFORD, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--International Financial Group (“IFG”) has announced that Joel Burkowsky has joined the Executive Leadership Team of its Wholesale Insurance Group, IFGWSM, as Vice President and Group Head of Human Resources. Joel joins IFGWSM with 25 years of Human Resources management. He will lead all aspects of Human Resources as IFGWSM continues its growth strategy dedicated to Wholesalers producing both Excess and Surplus Lines and Admitted Insurance.
“Joel will make a great addition to our executive management team”
Joel’s most recent experiences include five years as head of Human of Human Resources for a Food and Beverage distribution company; seven years with OneBeacon Insurance, first as Head of Compensation, Benefits and HR Systems and then as Divisional Vice President of Human Resources over their Personal Lines Division; and seven years in HR Leadership positions in the Corporate Offices of The Home Depot in Atlanta, Georgia.
“Joel will make a great addition to our executive management team” said Bob Linton, Chairman of IFG. “We are at a pivotal stage of our growth, and Joel will play an important role in our acquisition, development and retention of top talent.”
Joel holds Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics from the State University of New York and a Masters degree in Labor and Industrial Relations from Michigan State University.
Founded in 1985, International Financial Group's IFGWSM is one of the largest privately held insurance groups in the United States. IFGWSM provides property–casualty insurance on both an Excess and Surplus Lines (non-admitted) basis and an Admitted basis exclusively through Wholesale Producers.
Coverages are underwritten by IFGW's affiliated insurers: The Burlington Insurance Company, First Financial Insurance Company, Alamance Insurance Company and Guilford Insurance Company. All hold an A (Excellent) IX rating from A. M. Best Company.
IFGWSM currently has four principal business units: Brokerage, Binding Authority, Submit and Property:
- Brokerage: underwrites general liability insurance for businesses of all sizes on a transactional basis including for distributors, importers, manufacturers, wholesalers, habitational, vacant buildings, retail and service-related industries.
- Binding Authority: offers coverage for an extensive, yet focused list of classes of business written exclusively through contracted producers.
- Submit: underwrites referral business on a transactional basis primarily from IFGWSM's Binding Authority unit and from individually submitted accounts for general liability, property, inland marine and package products coverages for small to medium-sized businesses (e.g., artisan contractors, distributors, importers, wholesalers, manufacturers, office / habitational risks and retail/service industries).
- Property: underwrites property insurance for small to large businesses such as the amusement, recreational, education, financial, government sectors, habitational, health, office/professional, mercantile/retail, trade/ services and vacant buildings.
Because we're committed to get the job done by providing you with:
• The products you need,
• The service you require,
• The quality you expect, and
• The professionalism you deserve.