CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--BDO USA, LLP, one of the nation’s leading professional service organizations, today announced an expansion of its San Antonio practice through an agreement with Travis Wolff and its 3 San Antonio-based partners. Combined with BDO's existing presence in the market, these 3 partners along with 25 employees will bring BDO's total staff in San Antonio to approximately 70, effective immediately. The firm now has more than 300 professionals serving Texas clients from offices in Austin, Dallas, Houston and San Antonio.
“Their large, private company client base complements our existing strength in the nonprofit sector in San Antonio.”
“I want to welcome Kevin Petermann, Gary Hoyack, Janet Stigent-Burns and all of their staff to BDO. Their experience working with both emerging businesses and established companies makes for a natural fit with our firm," said Wayne Berson, CEO of BDO USA. “Their large, private company client base complements our existing strength in the nonprofit sector in San Antonio.”
“In joining BDO USA, we feel we’ve found a national firm with a very compatible practice philosophy and culture to our own. BDO is consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in our profession and we are looking forward to joining their team,” said Kevin Petermann, former Partner in Charge of TravisWolff's San Antonio practice. “Our growing clients will still receive the local, hands-on service they value, but will now have access to a wider array of services, extensive industry experience and the resources of BDO’s extensive global network. Moreover, BDO's strength in the natural resources industry will enable us to compete more effectively for oil and gas business.”
Each of the new partners who have joined BDO have spent their careers working with growing San Antonio businesses. Kevin S. Petermann, who will serve as the tax managing partner for the combined San Antonio practice, has 30 years of accounting experience. He provides tax consulting and financial planning services to large and small businesses in a variety of industries. Gary L. Hoyack, who will serve as the assurance managing partner, has 29 years of accounting experience, including eight years of corporate experience as a chief financial officer. Janet E. Stigent-Burns is a tax partner with 30 years of experience working with individuals, trusts and diversified companies in the real estate, retail, wholesale, manufacturing and professional services industries. She also provides forensic accounting, litigation support and business valuation services to businesses.
In addition to the three partners, Edward L. Rishebarger, a prominent professional in the San Antonio business community and one of the founders of Burnside & Rishebarger, has also joined BDO USA.
BDO plans to consolidate all of its San Antonio staff into one office location in the near future. In the interim, the firm will maintain two office locations (contact information below):
BDO USA, LLP
BDO USA, LLP
|40 NE Loop 410||9901 IH-10|
|Suite 200||Suite 500|
|San Antonio, TX 78216||
San Antonio, TX 78230
|Phone: 210-342-8000||Phone: 210-820-3900|
- BDO USA has 325 staff serving Texas businesses from offices in Austin, Dallas, Houston and San Antonio.
- BDO represents companies ranging from closely-held private businesses to leading non-profits to Fortune 500 multinationals.
- BDO USA has industry practices specialized in serving businesses in the construction, energy, financial institutions, government contracting, healthcare, insurance, manufacturing, nonprofit, private equity, real estate, retail and technology sectors.
- BDO has been named a Best Company by Work Mother Magazine for two consecutive years and been recognized with the Alfred P. Sloan Award for Business Excellence in Workplace Flexibility for four consecutive years.
- BDO will have 50 offices and more than 400 independent alliance firm locations around the country.
- BDO USA has been serving clients for more than 100 years since its founding in 1910 (as Seidman & Seidman).
- As an independent member of BDO International Limited (the fifth largest global network of accounting firms), the firm can leverage the resources of more than 1,200 member firm offices in 138 countries around the world.
About BDO USA
BDO is the brand name for BDO USA, LLP, a U.S. professional services firm providing assurance, tax, financial advisory and consulting services to a wide range of publicly traded and privately held companies. For more than 100 years, BDO has provided quality service through the active involvement of experienced and committed professionals. The firm serves clients through 50 offices and more than 400 independent alliance firm locations nationwide. As an independent Member Firm of BDO International Limited, BDO serves multi-national clients through a global network of 1,204 offices in 138 countries.
BDO USA, LLP, a Delaware limited liability partnership, is the U.S. member of BDO International Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, and forms part of the international BDO network of independent member firms. BDO is the brand name for the BDO network and for each of the BDO Member Firms. For more information please visit: www.bdo.com.