BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--ScaleBase, the MySQL scalability company, just released Data Traffic Manager 2.1. It’s the only database scalability software that enables applications to cost-effectively leverage multiple MySQL instances. The result: the ability to scale out to an unlimited number of users, transactions and data – all without disruption to the existing code or MySQL infrastructure.
“The enhancements in the new version are in direct response to what our customers and prospects are asking for: the ability to deal with increasingly complex MySQL schemas”
This release delivers new features specifically designed to enable the sharding of applications and databases previously considered “unshard-able,” including:
- Cross-shard joins and multiple aggregations – enabling the execution of complex queries requiring data from multiple shards simultaneously, which were previously impossible to run in a sharded environment.
- Cascaded sharding – eliminating the need to denormalize data for applications containing complex hierarchical relationships, with no changes to the database schema or application code.
“Our research indicates MySQL scalability can be a problem for applications with fast growing numbers of users, transactions and overall database size,” said Matt Aslett, research director of data management and analytics at 451 Research. “By automating the optimization of data distribution policies with Data Traffic Manager 2.1, ScaleBase is helping customers by simplifying MySQL sharding."
Additionally, the new version includes several features that simplify the deployment and improve the overall efficiency of the software, including:
- Analysis Assistant – collect vital data about the application and its database schema (with no production impact), so that a data distribution policy is optimized for the existing application, while complying with data privacy requirements.
- Data redistribution improvements – more efficient data redistribution for the initial relocation of records to new target shards, yielding a faster time to production.
- Third party administration (via a new Command Line Interface) – automates configuration tasks for a faster deployment of ScaleBase.
“The enhancements in the new version are in direct response to what our customers and prospects are asking for: the ability to deal with increasingly complex MySQL schemas,” said Doron Levari, CTO and founder of ScaleBase. “We’re committed to giving app developers and DBAs everything they need to stay focused on app innovation, without having to worry about changing the infrastructure to scale out their apps.”
To learn more about version 2.1, please join ScaleBase for a webinar and live product demo on August 22, 2013 at 2:00 p.m. EST.
Data Traffic Manager 2.1 is available today. For more information visit: http://www.scalebase.com/version2/.
ScaleBase software enables applications to cost-effectively leverage multiple MySQL instances – to scale out to an unlimited number of users, transactions and data – all with no disruption to the existing code or infrastructure.
The ScaleBase Data Traffic Manager dynamically scales databases to meet changing business demands. ScaleBase virtualizes complex database environments, providing a unified point of management while delivering real-time scalability. ScaleBase is an authorized Amazon and Oracle Partner and its customers span a wide range of industries including online gaming companies, digital media providers, social networks and enterprises. The company is venture-backed and based in Newton, MA.
For more information, visit www.scalebase.com.