SPOKANE, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Ecova, a total energy and sustainability management company, today announced the availability of The Ecova BlueprintTM, a framework for total energy and sustainability management (TESM). The Blueprint, built on five Keystones, is a holistic approach to energy and sustainability management that serves as a guide to companies working to develop a proactive, strategic and actionable TESM plan.
“Sustainability is no longer a feel-good measure to bolster brand reputation – it’s table stakes in today’s business environment, and Ecova’s Blueprint will help companies take their programs to the next level.”
Ecova developed the Blueprint based on more than a decade of work with over 700 commercial and industrial clients, including 24 percent of the Fortune 500, to give companies a path to understand the bigger picture of energy and sustainability and how they can implement a strategy that has lasting effects for both business and environment.
“Companies are juggling dwindling resources at increased costs, and consumers are demanding good corporate citizenship in the form of increased sensitivity to the environment and societal issues,” said Jeff Heggedahl, CEO, Ecova. “Sustainability is no longer a feel-good measure to bolster brand reputation – it’s table stakes in today’s business environment, and Ecova’s Blueprint will help companies take their programs to the next level.”
The Blueprint identifies five critical Keystones that create the foundation for a successful and lasting TESM plan:
- Data: Data empowers intelligent decision-making, which helps organizations focus resources on high-impact areas and provides quantitative feedback critical for making decisions.
- People: Employee commitment and ongoing engagement are critical to the success of any change initiative that relies on innovation, cross-organizational coordination and continuous improvement.
- Infrastructure: Infrastructure and operational innovations are speeding up as the imperative for efficiency, renewable energy and closed-loop material systems grow.
- Marketing and Reporting: Communicating accurately and effectively with customers, shareholders, and other stakeholders maximizes the value of companies’ sustainability efforts by enhancing brand perception.
- Continual Improvement: Enduring success will be predicated on organizations’ embrace of constant reassessment of results and improvement.
“Companies today need a clear roadmap to create a strategic energy and sustainability plan that meets increasing consumer, investor and employee demands,” said Samantha Price, industry analyst with Verdantix. “The Ecova Blueprint provides a holistic process to enable companies to create, measure and improve their efforts against core sustainability and environmental metrics.”
“Companies that implement a total energy and sustainability management plan with the Blueprint can see profound results, such as 20 percent reductions in utility costs and the ability to speak confidently and effectively to the 72 percent of U.S. consumers who believe it is important to buy from responsible companies,” said Heggedahl.
Ecova is the total energy and sustainability management company whose sole purpose is to see more, save more, and sustain more for its clients. Using insights based on consumption, cost and carbon footprint data spanning thousands of utilities, hundreds of thousands of business sites and millions of households, Ecova provides fully managed, technology-optimized solutions for saving resources, which in turn increase returns, lower risks, and enhance reputations. Ecova is the largest non-regulated subsidiary of Avista Corp (NYSE:AVA) and (avistacorp.com). For more information, visit the company’s website at ecova.com, on LinkedIn at linkd.in/ecovainc, or follow Ecova on Twitter at @ecovainc.