CARLSBAD, Calif. & SHANGHAI & BEIJING--(BUSINESS WIRE)--EBD Group, the premier partnering conference firm for the life science industry, and ChinaBio® LLC, a leading consulting firm in Shanghai, announced that the fifth annual ChinaBio® Partnering Forum 2013 will be held May 29–30 at the Shangri-La Hotel Beijing. The 2012 forum was attended by 719 delegates from 402 companies and 23 countries who engaged in more than 1100 one-to-one meetings facilitated by partneringONE®.
“We expect a good turnout this year, including a strong showing by international delegations at the annual ChinaBio Partnering Forum”
“We expect a good turnout this year, including a strong showing by international delegations at the annual ChinaBio Partnering Forum,” said Carola Schropp, President of EBD Group. “China’s rapidly growing market is attractive to Western pharmaceutical companies. And China’s pharma companies are now eager to fuse industry partnerships that will enable them to develop novel drugs for China and the global marketplace.”
“ChinaBio Partnering Forum has grown every year since its founding,” said Greg B. Scott, President and Founder of ChinaBio® LLC. “This year we’re expecting over 800 attendees, representing many of the leading pharma companies in China, maintaining our position as the largest and most productive partnering conference in China.”
The theme of this year’s program is “Global Partnering in China.” The keynote panel will discuss the changing partnering landscape in China and feature industry executives from leading Chinese companies and global pharma. In addition, the Partnering Forum will include over 30 company presentations, and two days of panels, workshops and networking opportunities.
The half-day Partnering Bootcamp pre-conference program returns this year on May 28. Designed to be a practical "how to" guide for the new or experienced entrepreneur, sessions will cover considerations and trends in licensing and partnering transactions; building patent and exclusivity positions to create value and provide leverage in partnerships; what to expect from a partnering relationship; and how to meet and impress potential partners.
Companies interested in presenting can find information on how to apply at http://www.ebdgroup.com/cbpf/presenters/index.php. The deadline to submit an application to present is March 22, 2013.
ChinaBio® Partnering Forum is the premier life science partnering event in China. The annual event attracts biotech and pharma leaders from around the world and engages delegates with one-to-one meetings, workshops and panels, exhibits and networking receptions and a gala banquet evening event. For more information, please go to www.ebdgroup.com/cbpf.
About EBD Group
EBD Group is the leading partnering firm for the global life science industry. Since 1993, biotech, pharma and medical device companies have leveraged EBD Group’s partnering conferences, technology and services to identify business opportunities and develop strategic relationships essential to their success.
EBD Group’s conferences are run with the support of leading corporations and international trade associations and include:
- BIO-Europe® and BIO-Europe Spring®, Europe’s largest life science partnering conferences, supported by the Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO)
- BioPharm America™, the fastest growing partnering event in North America
- Biotech Showcase™, a unique forum in San Francisco for presenting to investors and business development executives, co-produced with Demy-Colton Life Science Advisors
- BioEquity Europe, the investor conference co-organized with BioCentury Publications and BIO
- ChinaBio® Partnering Forum, the first dedicated biotech/pharma partnering conference in China, co-produced with ChinaBio® LLC
- EuroMedtech™, EBD Group’s partnering event for the innovative medical technology industry
- Partnering for Global Impact®, a new partnering conference providing an innovative forum to partner, identify and generate social and philanthropic investment and funding opportunities
EBD Group’s sophisticated web-based partnering service, partneringONE®, is used as the partnering engine at numerous third-party events around the world, and partnering360® is the open online community of life science dealmakers that enhances partnering experiences throughout the year.
EBD Group has offices in the USA and Europe.
For more information please visit www.ebdgroup.com.
Additional links and information:
Follow EBD Group on Twitter: twitter.com/ebdgroup
More information is available at www.ebdgroup.com.
About ChinaBio® LLC
Since its founding in January, 2007, ChinaBio® LLC has rapidly created a broad platform of capabilities connecting China life science with the world. ChinaBio has helped global life science companies identify over 400 licensing and acquisition opportunities in China and China companies raise over USD 450 million.
- Conferences: ChinaBio organizes the premier life science investment and partnering conferences in China, having attracted over 4,000 attendees.
- Consulting: ChinaBio works with global life science companies and China entrepreneurs to define and execute a successful global strategy.
- Capital: ChinaBio helps companies secure partnerships and acquisitions and access private and government funding in China.
- Publishing: ChinaBio® Today is the most widely read online and email newsletter on China's life science industry, with over 18,000 readers.
Follow ChinaBio on Twitter at www.twitter.com/ChinaBio.
More information is available at www.chinabiollc.com.