ATLANTA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Modulo, a leading provider of IT governance, risk and compliance (GRC) solutions, announced today that the company will showcase its solutions and expertise in Integrated Risk Management during RSA Conference 2013. Held in San Francisco's Moscone Center from February 25 – March 1, 2013, the conference brings together foremost thought leaders from around the world to discuss pressing information security challenges. In its booth Modulo will demonstrate a new version of its award-winning IT GRC platform, Risk Manager, including new solutions for Vulnerability & Threat Management, Vendor Risk Management and Business Continuity Management.
“SCADA Protection for Critical Infrastructure - A Collaborative Approach”
In addition Modulo will moderate a panel session titled “SCADA Protection for Critical Infrastructure - A Collaborative Approach.” CEO Sergio Thompson-Flores will lead a timely debate to explore the threat landscape, research, and the role of GRC and collaboration surrounding Critical Infrastructure protection featuring a panel of global experts:
- Doug Powell, Manager, SMI Security, Privacy & Safety, BC Hydro
- Prof José M. Fernandez, Eng., Ph.D., Department of Computer & Software Engineering, Ecole Polytechnique de Montreal
- Tiago Alves de Jesus, Carlton University/Infrastructure Resilience Research Group (IRRG)
- Marcelo Branquinho, Executive Director, TI Safe
With these solutions and expertise, Modulo is driving the movement toward an integrated approach to managing IT and Enterprise Risk, harmonized with Operation Risk including Physical and Cyber Command and Control, for improved business visibility and decision making. CISOs, CIOs, CSOs and CROs of hundreds of the world’s largest organizations across a broad range of industry sectors and government agencies use Modulo to meet the demands of today’s increasing cyber threats, compliance mandates and operational efficiency requirements.
Live Demonstrations and Theater Presentations for Integrated Risk Management @ Booth 523
Modulo will spotlight the latest technology and approaches to Integrated Risk Management through theater presentations, demonstrations and onsite experts. Named 2012 Innovator of the Year and Best Buy by SC Magazine, Modulo Risk Manager version 8.0 features enhanced workflow and reporting capabilities and new solutions for:
- Vulnerability & Threat Management: harmonize large volumes of data from multiple scanning and security tools including Qualys, Nessus and Rapid7 and map against business assets to prioritize risks, remediate exposures and report patches and progress across lines of business and applications – aligning IT risk with business objectives
- Vendor Risk Management: streamline risk and compliance assessments, prioritize risks, monitor progress and report evaluations – for a true risk picture across thousands of vendors
- Business Continuity Manager: reduce risks associated with crises and disasters that impact personnel, technologies and facilities, leveraging ISO-22301 and BS-25999 industry standards – to maintain normal operations with minimal disruptions and monitor recovery
- Cyber Defense and Critical Infrastructure: build a command and control center that manages and continuously monitors cyber threats with physical and operational risks in one integrated platform - for real-time situational awareness, predictive analysis and incident remediation
- Compliance Management, Policy Management, Audit Management and Incident & Remediation Management demonstrations also available
“SCADA Protection for Critical Infrastructure - A Collaborative Approach,” Tuesday February 26 @ 3:50pm, Moscone, Room 304
This panel, moderated by Modulo, will provide important insight that impacts all industry sectors featuring a CISO for a large North American smart grid utility; SCADA research lab professor; government-led SCADA program director; and Critical Infrastructure protection implementation expert. Debate will cover the cyber threat landscape for Critical Infrastructure; GRC challenges for managing risk across IT, physical and operational infrastructure; new research and labs insights; opinions on policy and regulations including the recent White House Executive Order on Cybersecurity; the role of technology tools and standards; and how industry, government and academia can collaborate to overcome the Critical Infrastructure culture clash.
Modulo is a leading global enterprise provider of comprehensive Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) management solutions. Modulo’s award-winning Risk Manager™ provides hundreds of organizations worldwide with the tools they need to automate the entire GRC management process to monitor, manage and sustain adherence to policy and regulations while reducing enterprise risk and complexity. Customers span the financial, health care, retail, telecom, power & gas and government sectors and include BASF, BC Hydro, Commercial Bank of Dubai, Microsoft, New York University Medical Center, Synovus Financial, and Schlumberger. Modulo has earned industry recognition as a 2012 Innovator of the Year from SC Magazine; “Best Buy” and “5-Star” in SC Magazine’s risk management group product reviews for two consecutive years (2012 and 2011); finalist in SC Magazine Excellence Awards for two consecutive years (2012 and 2011); and winner of the Info Security Products Guide Global Excellence Awards and Network Products Guide Product Innovation Award.
Key search terms: Vulnerability Management, Risk Management, Cybersecurity, Physical Security, Operational Risk, Continuity Management, Third Party Assessment, Critical Infrastructure, RSA Conference