HARTFORD, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aetna (NYSE: AET) today introduced a new business unit brand called Healthagen that advances its provider collaboration and consumer empowerment strategy. Healthagen is a portfolio of innovative and growing businesses that tackles the fundamental needs of greater value, coordination and transparency in health care.
“Healthagen businesses and solutions are enabling a new level of health care connectedness, insight and action”
Healthagen unifies Aetna’s population health management solutions and health information technologies from businesses that include ActiveHealth Management, iTriage and Medicity. Healthagen also develops new businesses to address provider and consumer needs. Accountable Care Solutions (ACS) from Aetna combines Healthagen capabilities to deliver integrated population health management, advanced technology and health plan services.
“Aetna is propelling meaningful change in health care,” said Joseph M. Zubretsky, Aetna senior executive vice president, National Businesses. “We have invested more than $1 billion to acquire and build a comprehensive collection of health management and health IT solutions to empower consumers and enable clinical integration and population health management.”
Business as usual is no longer a viable option for providers, employers and payers that want to raise health care quality while curtailing spiraling costs. Healthagen’s integrated suite of payer-neutral solutions and technologies is designed to improve care quality, control health care costs and enable consumers to better participate in their care.
“Healthagen businesses and solutions are enabling a new level of health care connectedness, insight and action,” said Charles E. Saunders, M.D., chief executive officer of Healthagen, a division of Aetna. “Today we are bringing together the capabilities from ActiveHealth, iTriage and Medicity and a growing array of innovative new businesses under the Healthagen brand. Our combined solutions enable providers to deliver the highest quality and highest value care, and support individuals to be more engaged and informed at every point in their health care journey.”
Through the combined suite of capabilities, Healthagen serves providers, employers, payers and consumers by:
- Securely connecting and enabling more than 800 hospitals and 250,000 physicians with Medicity technology to exchange and act on health information
- Helping providers better coordinate, track and monitor patient care
- Advancing new models of value-based, accountable care, including 18 accountable care relationships with leading health systems and more than 65 Medicare Provider Collaborations
- Employing care management programs and services so that consumers receive care designed to meet their unique health care needs, including more than 22 million served by ActiveHealth health management services, including disease management, clinical decision support and personal health records
- Giving providers insight and access to the latest medical evidence for their patients’ health care needs
- Giving consumers convenient and simple mobile and online services that help them make informed health care decisions, manage out-of-pocket costs, and access and manage health care, including more than 8 million people worldwide that have downloaded the iTriage app
- Acting as a driver for health care innovation
Visit Healthagen at HIMSS
Healthagen will showcase its population health management solutions and health information technologies at the HIMSS Annual Conference and Exhibition, March 3-7, 2013, in New Orleans. To see Healthagen first-hand and learn more about our integrated suite of solutions and technologies, visit Healthagen at booth 3169 or www.healthagen.com. Staff will be available to provide demonstrations. On-site interviews can be arranged with Dr. Charles Saunders and other leaders.
Featured presentations at HIMSS include:
- March 3, 9:15 – 10:15 a.m.: Transforming Health Care: Advancing Quality, featuring Linda Fischetti, vice president of Care Delivery, Accountable Care Solutions from Aetna
- March 3, 1:45 – 4:45 p.m.: Leading from the Future: Delivering on Value —The Handshake between Cost & Quality -- ACO Encounter: Payer Perspective, featuring Charles D. Kennedy, M.D., chief executive officer, Accountable Care Solutions from Aetna
- March 5, 9:45 – 10:45 a.m.: Lessons/Insights from a Pioneer ACO’s Journey to Value-Based Care, featuring Charles D. Kennedy, M.D., Accountable Care Solutions from Aetna, and Tricia Nguyen, M.D., MBA, Banner Health Network
- March 5, 11:15 – 11:45 a.m.: Insights on Patient Engagement from a Tech-centric Provider, featuring David Friedersdorf, vice president of Sales, iTriage, and Dan Davidson, vice president of Marketing, Sunrise Health System
Healthagen is a division of Aetna that offers health and technology services to providers, payers, employers and consumers. Healthagen brings together a wide range of payer-neutral population health management solutions and health information technology capabilities from its businesses that include ActiveHealth Management, iTriage and Medicity. Our solutions are designed to improve care quality, control health care costs and engage consumers in their health care.
Aetna is one of the nation's leading diversified health care benefits companies, serving approximately 37.3 million people with information and resources to help them make better informed decisions about their health care. Aetna offers a broad range of traditional, voluntary and consumer-directed health insurance products and related services, including medical, pharmacy, dental, behavioral health, group life and disability plans, and medical management capabilities, Medicaid health care management services and health information technology services. Our customers include employer groups, individuals, college students, part-time and hourly workers, health plans, health care providers, governmental units, government-sponsored plans, labor groups and expatriates. For more information, see www.aetna.com.