CHARLOTTE, N.C.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Member and executive experts of the Premier healthcare alliance will speak at national industry events in February, sharing knowledge on ‘big data’, value-based payment, accountable care and specialty pharmacy.
A group of Premier representatives will host a session on value-based payment at the National Pay for Performance Summit in San Francisco on February 19-21. They will offer insight into the specific tactics Premier alliance members are using, including strategies to prevent payment cuts, methods to enhance patient experience and approaches to eliminate costs by removing waste. The following experts will lead the session:
- Susan R. Kennedy, senior quality project analyst, Mountain States Health Alliance, Johnson City, Tenn.
- Napoleon Knight, MD, medical director, Hospital Medicine and Associate Medical Director, Quality for Carle Foundation Hospital and Physician Group, Urbana, Ill.
- Carolyn Scott, RN, vice president, Performance Partners, Premier
- Monica Barrington, RN, vice president, Engagement and Delivery, Performance Partners, Premier
- Mark Hiller, vice president, Innovation Solutions, Premier
Keith J. Figlioli, Premier senior vice president of healthcare informatics, will be a keynote speaker at IBM’s Big Data. Big Solutions. Big Impact. Smarter Analytics Leadership Summit on February 21 in New York City. He will explain how Premier is turning data into information, insight and intelligence for stakeholders across the healthcare community.
PremierConnect™, Premier’s integrated technology platform, is the nation’s largest outcomes database housing information on 1 in 4 U.S. hospital discharges, from 2.5 million real-time clinical transactions daily and roughly $40 billion in annual purchases. Using this platform, providers make data-driven, evidence-based decisions to save lives, remove waste and coordinate care delivery.
On February 24, Premier Vice President of healthcare informatics Sean Cassidy will discuss big data in healthcare and whether it fits into strategic roadmaps during the CIO Healthcare Summit in Dallas.
Alejandro Reti, MD, Premier senior director of population health, will speak at the 2013 eHealth Initiative Annual Conference: Leading IT Forward on February 13 in Orlando, Florida. He will participate in a panel discussion on how healthcare information technology supports accountable care organizations (ACOs) working to identify, track and manage patient populations.
During the Charlotte (N.C.) Regional Technology Executives Council on February 26, Denise Hatzidakis, Premier chief technology officer, will discuss the need for integrated data and collaboration in healthcare.
Premier will also host the following Advisor Live® webinars, which are free and open to the public:
role of specialty pharmacy in the ACO; February 12 from 2-3
- Register here: https://events.premierinc.com/ei/getdemo.ei?id=509&s=_2900RCAZ2.
- Robert DaSilva, MS, director of Pharmacy Services, Veritage Inc.
- Brent Priday, MHSA, MBA, senior director of managed care, Banner Health, Phoenix
- Coleen Cherici, MBA, RPh, director, pharmacy consulting, medication management, Premier
- Participants in the live webinar can receive 1.0 contact hours of credit from the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education. For complete continuing pharmacy education information, click here.
Mecca – is it worth it? Insights on a Baldrige journey;
February 28 from 2-3 p.m. ET
- Register here: https://events.premierinc.com/ei/getdemo.ei?id=509&s=_4400X4YLL
- Karen E. Koch, Pharm.D., MSHA, Organizational Performance administrator, North Mississippi Health Services
- Monica Ray, RN, MS, MBA, director, Performance Partners, Premier
With 2,700 – or nearly half - of the country’s acute-care hospitals and 90,000 non-acute care sites, Premier unites providers to deliver the highest quality and most cost-effective care to patients. Alliance representatives speak around the country each month sharing best practices to transform healthcare.
About the Premier healthcare alliance, Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award recipient
Premier is a performance improvement alliance of more than 2,700 U.S. hospitals and 90,000 other sites using the power of collaboration and technology to lead the transformation to coordinated, high-quality, cost-effective care. Owned by hospitals, health systems and other providers, Premier operates a leading healthcare purchasing network with more than $4 billion in annual savings. Premier also maintains the nation's largest clinical, financial and outcomes database with information on 1 in 4 patient discharges. A world leader in delivering measurable improvements in care, Premier works with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. Headquartered in Charlotte, N.C., Premier also has an office in Washington. https://www.premierinc.com. Stay connected on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.