WASHINGTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Faced with natural disasters like SuperStorm Sandy and other times of crisis, businesses and government agencies have realized the importance of being able to remain in operation despite the challenges they may face. From May 13-15, CPM East joins with GovSec – the Government Security Conference and Expo – to bring together the public and private sectors, with first responders, to share the strategies and products needed for effective disaster mitigation, preparedness, response and recovery.
“Attendees will see even more benefits through the support of industry leaders, including the Association of Continuity Professionals, Disaster Resource Guide, DRI International and Mid-Atlantic Disaster Recovery Association.”
“By hosting CPM East and GovSec in a single location, we are able to provide a unique forum where security, continuity of operations (COOP) and business continuity/disaster recovery (BC/DR) professionals, as well as first responders, can become well versed in the common challenges they face and solutions they can rely on to prepare for and respond to natural or manmade disasters,” said Don Berey, senior event director for CPM East. “Attendees will see even more benefits through the support of industry leaders, including the Association of Continuity Professionals, Disaster Resource Guide, DRI International and Mid-Atlantic Disaster Recovery Association.”
CPM East provides attendees with the opportunity to explore exhibits; attend the conference, workshops and free educational sessions; and network with their peers to expand their knowledge of the tools and best practices required for recovering from natural disasters, accidents or intentional acts quickly, with minimum disruption and cost. Highlights of CPM East include:
Conference and Workshops
CPM East’s Conference and Workshops enable attendees to cross-train by participating in educational sessions and workshops in their core focus areas, as well as those offered by GovSec. This paid programming addresses prevention, mitigation and response for incidents relative to counter and anti-terrorism, critical infrastructure protection, cyber terrorism and cybercrime, access control and video surveillance, and school security and safety issues. Sessions of interest to COOP and BC/DR professionals include:
- Improving Identity Management for Critical Infrastructure Protection and Crisis Re-entry
- Creating Measurable Matrixes in Your Continuity Program
- Business Continuity Plan: Development, Approach and Execution Based on an Actual Event - Ada County, Idaho Case Study
- How to Provide Resilience During a Disruptive Event: Using the BCP Suite Solution Tools
- Supply Chain Disruptions – Minimizing Threats to the Vitality, Viability and Survivability of Your Organization
- Cyber Disruption Planning: Can You Survive Without the Internet?
- Can your BCP Strategy and Cloud Services Play Nicely Together?
- Business Continuity Planning (BCP) – How to Turn This Overlooked Tool Into a Security Weapon
- Dangerous Disconnect: Public & Private Sectors Misunderstand Their Partnership in Emergency Response
- Critical Incident Stress Management: How to Avoid Anxiety During Emergencies
- Mercy Joplin Hospital Case Study: Lessons Learned from the Joplin Tornado
- Continuity and Resilience: Surviving the Super Storm Hurricane Sandy
- Crisis and Infrastructure Challenges
- Collaboration: How Are We Doing? A Necessary Foundation in Emergency Management
- Next-Generation IT Disaster Recovery: Beyond the Cloud to Embracing Agility
- Conducting Successful Table Top Exercises
- Active Shooter/Extreme Violence in the Workplace: Learn What the FBI Uses to Train
- Managing Information Exposure: How to Successfully Apply the Red Flags Rule
- The Disaster Experience (a mock disaster exercise)
- Leadership in Crisis & High Stress Situations
- Ensuring a Successful Business Impact Analysis (BIA)
- Supply Chain Resilience: Proactive Strategies for Minimizing and Mitigating Disruptions
CPM East also features a two-day free Expo – open to all qualified attendees – during which industry leading industry vendors will showcase their latest products and services for crisis and first responder communications, command and control centers, critical incident response, data centers and data recovery, business continuity and incident management software, weather-related products and services, and much more.
Also, as part of the Expo, attendees can take advantage of free education sessions on topics such as:
- BCP Certification for the Public Sector Professional
- Security’s Role in Continuity Planning: What You Need to Know
- Ensuring Resilience Through Effective Continuity Planning
- Get Alerts, Stay Alive: FEMA's Integrated Public Alert and Warning System
- Keeping People Safe and Secure in Federal Facilities
Free Keynote Addresses
Keynote addresses are free and open to all registered attendees of CPM East, GovSec and TREXPO, the Law Enforcement Expo. Featured keynotes include:
- General Stanley McChrystal, “The State of International Affairs and the Security Challenges Facing America”
- Former Washington Redskins Quarterback and entrepreneur Joe Theismann, “Managing to Win!”
About CPM East
Scheduled for May 13-15, 2013, at the Washington Convention Center in Washington, D.C., CPM East provides the private and public sectors with the strategies and products they need for disaster mitigation, preparedness, response and recovery. CPM East combines exhibits, education and peer-to-peer networking to provide the knowledge to recover from natural disasters, accidents or intentional acts in the minimum amount of time, with minimum disruption and at minimum cost. Together with GovSec, CPM East provides a unique forum for security and business continuity /disaster recovery professionals, as well as first responders, to be become versed in the common challenges and solutions arising during times of natural or man-made disasters. The cross-fertilization of strategies, tools and technologies resulting from the integration of CPM East and GovSec can only benefit the public and private sectors during the most demanding times. Both CPM East and GovSec are produced by the Security, Safety, and Environmental Protection Group at 1105 Media, Inc. For more information visit http://www.cpm-east.com.
About 1105 Media
1105 Media is a leading provider of integrated information and media in targeted B-to-B markets, including specialized sectors of the information technology community; industrial health, safety and compliance; security; environmental protection; and home health care. 1105’s offerings span print and online magazines, journals and newsletters; seminars, conferences and trade shows; training courseware; and Web-based services. 1105 Media is based in Chatsworth, Calif., with offices throughout the United States. Visit 1105media.com.
About the Security, Safety, and Health Group
CPM is a member of the Security, Safety, and Health Group – a division of 1105 Media, Inc. In addition to premier industry events such as CPM and GovSec, the group includes the media brands Security Products, Occupational Health & Safety, and Home Medical Equipment, as well as ancillary products related to these brands. It is an industry leader in every category it includes.