SAN DIEGO & NASHVILLE, Tenn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--HealthCare Anytime and ICA, a leading provider of interoperability technology that enables care coordination and health information exchange (HIE), announced today a strategic partnership that will combine the technologies of the two companies to strengthen clinical data transfer and patient engagement applications through a streamlined data gathering, cleansing and delivery process.
“Our always available portal will give 24/7 access to clinical information for those patients served by ICA’s clients. And, our portal will benefit from the interoperability and analytics power that ICA adds to our patient access tools by fueling our portal with robust and always current patient data.”
HealthCare Anytime’s approach to patient engagement coupled with advanced clinical data availability from ICA’s CareAlign® interoperability engine will provide a mechanism to capture and distribute data from and to multiple care settings and multiple systems into HealthCare Anytime’s portal to allow patient viewing. In turn, HealthCare Anytime’s patient portal will provide an added tool for ICA’s current client base, enabling it to offer patients a way to see their clinical information and participate more completely in their own healthcare. Both solutions will facilitate secure communication between patients and providers through the use of Direct messaging across a wider set of applications across the healthcare system.
“HealthCare Anytime’s focus on patient engagement bringing robust self-service, 24/7 access and solid privacy and confidentiality blends nicely with the powerful data exchange and informatics engine of CareAlign,” said Gary Zegiestowsky, president and CEO of ICA. “Patient engagement is regarded as one of the core components of seamless and effective care coordination, and together, our companies hope to make an impact that will improve outcomes and efficiencies. In an era when the nation is focused on the Triple Aim of reducing costs, increasing quality and improving patient satisfaction, the essential element for ACOs and other entities is a better engaged patient population. This alliance between our two companies strengthens healthcare across the entire continuum, allowing ICA the ability to better assist our clients, provide broad patient-centric care for the population served and meet the requirements of Meaningful Use regarding patient engagement.”
“CareAlign’s multifaceted and powerful interoperability, analytics and clinical communications tools wedded with HealthCare Anytime’s patient engagement portal strengthens both companies’ offerings,” added Ron Luetmer, vice president of sales at HealthCare Anytime. “Our always available portal will give 24/7 access to clinical information for those patients served by ICA’s clients. And, our portal will benefit from the interoperability and analytics power that ICA adds to our patient access tools by fueling our portal with robust and always current patient data.”
HealthCare Anytime offers a robust enterprise patient portal for hospitals and clinics to achieve meaningful patient engagement, including for the purposes of Meaningful Use Stage 2. Its SaaS-based model enables patients to participate in their own care online, creating a safe and secure virtual office for healthcare organizations. Its cloud-based applications include:
- Patient Health Record (PHR) to provide patients the ability to view, download and transmit their health information to third parties;
- Secure Messaging, HIPAA compliant email-like messages for patients and staff to exchange information;
- Pre-Registration Solution to streamline the registration process by allowing for pre-arrival registration online;
- Online Appointment Requests to build operational efficiencies around patient scheduling;
- Self-Pay Collection Suite to enable patients to pay online, improving the revenue cycle; and
- Online Prescription Renewal Request to initiate fast and efficient renewals.
ICA’s CareAlign solution suite is comprised of a series of modules that work together to facilitate health information exchange and ultimately enable care coordination. These modules include:
- CareAlign Exchange – A comprehensive interoperability platform that facilitates the seamless and secure exchange of healthcare data across a widening continuum of healthcare settings and provides a strong and flexible foundation for broad clinical information exchange
- CareAlign Collaborate – A clinical portal that aggregates health information from multiple settings and provides a complete longitudinal, patient-centric view of a patient’s clinical history to healthcare providers regardless of the technology in place
- CareAlign Insight – A clinical analytics platform that extracts, normalizes, monitors and deposits data into a repository during the health information exchange process and can be accessed via a CareAlign portal or third party applications for dashboard creation, bio-surveillance, ad-hoc queries and patient portal applications
- CareAlign Direct – A SaaS-based clinical communications solution using the Direct protocol that enables the secure transport of clinical communication across the continuum of care regardless of EHR technology in place and is embedded within the CareAlign Exchange platform as a first step toward a full interoperability and analytics solution
- CareAlign Connect – A secure clinical communication portal which augments ICA’s CareAlign Direct messaging solution, provides clinicians with or without EHRs the ability to communicate, improve care coordination, delegate workload and streamline workflow.
About HealthCare Anytime
HealthCare Anytime provides robust enterprise patient portal solutions that help healthcare organizations improve patient engagement, operate more efficiently, and get paid faster. Our solutions are offered in a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) model, which means that we handle hosting, implementation, training, and ongoing support. Our portal applications were all written in JAVA, and are hosted in a secure, highly reliable cloud-based environment.
Originating from clinical informatics solutions developed within Vanderbilt Medical Center, ICA’s state-of-the-art CareAlign® interoperability and informatics platform addresses and solves data and communication challenges for many healthcare entities, including hospitals, IPAs, IDNs, HIEs, payers and others. CareAlign delivers a flexible architecture to connect, collect, consume and intelligently distribute data through Direct, IHE, HL7, and custom methods for use in EHRs, third party applications, and ICA’s applications. CareAlign unites a wide range of information supporting analytics associated with population health management, transitions of care communication, re-admissions reduction, meaningful use requirements and PCMH/ACO operations. Visit www.icainformatics.com, and follow us on Twitter, ICA HITme Blog, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube.