CAMPBELL, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its 2013 Mobile Security Strategies and Vendor Leadership: North American Enterprise Survey, which details enterprises’ plans for deploying security solutions for mobile devices, as well as their thoughts on leading mobile security vendors.
“For many IT organizations, there’s an immediate need to do something about the mobile device security problem because like it or not, a new wave of mobile devices is being connected to corporate networks, and companies are looking to lock down these devices and control which apps they can use”
“For many IT organizations, there’s an immediate need to do something about the mobile device security problem because like it or not, a new wave of mobile devices is being connected to corporate networks, and companies are looking to lock down these devices and control which apps they can use,” notes Jeff Wilson, principal analyst for security at Infonetics Research.
Wilson continues: “We believe that SSL VPNs will become a cornerstone of many enterprise mobile device security strategies moving forward because they solve an immediate connection security requirement, are familiar and easy to use, often free, and will likely support additional security and control functions.”
ENTERPRISE MOBILE SECURITY SURVEY HIGHLIGHTS
- Around 1/3 of enterprises interviewed by Infonetics currently allow the use of employee-owned devices such as iPhones, iPads, and Android smartphones and tablets on their networks
- Managing and securing rogue devices connected by users was named as a driver for deploying mobile device security by 72% of enterprises surveyed
- Over 3/4 of respondents have purchased or are considering purchasing a cloud-based or hybrid cloud/client-based mobile security solution, with cost being the #1 driver
- Roughly 1 million malicious or high-risk Android apps alone are anticipated this year, and Infonetics expects that nearly all enterprises will experience significant mobile device security incidents by 2015
MOBILE SECURITY SURVEY SYNOPSIS
For its 27-page mobile security survey, Infonetics interviewed purchase-decision makers at 103 medium and large companies in the U.S. and Canada about their mobile device security strategies. The survey provides insights into enterprises’ mobile security deployment drivers and barriers, purchase plans and expenditures, cloud and SaaS solutions, security incidents, and familiarity with and ratings of mobile security vendors. Vendors named in the report include AirWatch, Apple, Avast, Check Point, Cisco, IBM, Juniper, Kaspersky, McAfee, Microsoft, MobileIron, RIM (Blackberry), Symantec/Norton, Trend Micro, Zenprise/Citrix, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RELATED SECURITY RESEARCH
- Latest Infonetics Security research brief: http://bit.ly/Yb4wrj
- Data center security buyers wrestling with network upgrades and massive attack volume
- Mobile, data center verticals driving DDoS prevention market
- Network security up 7% from year-ago 3rd quarter as buyers move to integrated solutions
- Wave of new spending underway in data center security market
UPCOMING SECURITY RESEARCH
- Content Security Gateway Appliances, Software & SaaS Market Share & Forecasts
- Network Security Appliances & Software Market Share & Forecasts
- Cloud & CPE Managed Security Services Market Share & Forecasts
- Data Center Security Strategies & Vendor Leadership: N.A. Enterprise Survey
- Mobile Device Security Client Software Market Share & Forecasts
INFONETICS SECURITY WEBINARS AVAILABLE FOR SPONSORSHIP
Visit http://bit.ly/RYDKln to learn more about sponsoring an Infonetics webcast. The following security webcasts are available to sponsor:
- Securing and Managing Mobile Devices in a BYOD World (learn about sponsoring)
- SMS/MMS Security Platforms for Mobile Carriers (learn about sponsoring)
UPCOMING INFONETICS WEBINARS
Visit https://www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events to learn more or register for Infonetics events.
- Session Border Controllers in VoLTE, with Metaswitch (Feb. 12)
- Transitioning Traditional Network Services to LTE and IP Networks, with Oracle (Feb. 13)
- Scaling Small Cell Backhaul, with Alcatel-Lucent, Ceragon, Vitesse (Feb. 19)
- Diameter Signaling Control: Managing Mobile Broadband Growth, with Ericsson (Apr. 11)
- Securing and Managing Mobile Devices in a BYOD World (Sponsorships available)
- SMS/MMS Security Platforms for Mobile Carriers (Sponsorships available)
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT:
N. America (West), Asia, Latin America: Larry Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1 408-583-3335
N. America (East), Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1 408-583-3395
Europe, Middle East, Africa: George Stojsavljevic, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44 755-488-1623
Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete effectively. View Infonetics’ About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.