WASHINGTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Executives of the first organizations to earn accreditation as Accountable Care Organizations (ACO) will discuss their ACO’s development and accreditation experiences at a Webinar, Lessons from the First Accredited ACOs, on Wednesday, February 13, 9:30–10:30 a.m. EST.
Discussion topics include:
- Lessons and challenges aligning internal processes to improve an ACO’s ability to reduce cost, improve quality and enhance the patient experience.
- How accreditation relates to organizations’ previous and future ACO activities.
- Advice for other aspiring ACOs.
NCQA President Margaret E. O’Kane will open the Webinar and NCQA Vice President Patricia Barrett will moderate a discussion featuring six ACO leaders:
- Spencer R. Berthelsen, MD, Chairman and Managing Director, Kelsey-Seybold Clinic
- Douglas Carr, MD, Medical Director of Education and System Initiatives, Billings Clinic
- Jonathan Crossette, Operations Consultant & Trude Haecker, MD, Medical Director, Quality Improvement Departmental Patient Safety Officer, The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia Care Network
- John Smylie, Chief Operating Officer, Essentia Health
- Hal Teitelbaum, MD, JD, Managing Partner and CEO, Crystal Run Healthcare
- Beth Waterman, Chief Improvement Officer, Health Partners
As early adopters of NCQA Accreditation, the featured ACOs are delivery system innovators. NCQA Accreditation is the nation’s only private evaluation program that:
- Defines what a high-quality ACO is—for public and private ACO initiatives alike.
- Identifies ACOs that are ready to coordinate and be held accountable for efficient, patient-centered care.
- Gives provider-led organizations a roadmap to demonstrate their ability to reach the triple aim: reduce cost, improve quality and enhance the patient experience.
|Wednesday, February 13|
|9:30–10:30 a.m. EST|
|WebEx virtual meeting|
- Connect to https://ncqaevents.webex.com/ncqaevents/onstage/g.php?d=666898329&t=a
- Locate the event: Lessons from the First Accredited ACOs.
- Enter your information and click JOIN.
- Enter the password: Lessons 101.
- Establish your phone connection by calling 866-469-3239.
- Enter the conference code: 666 898 329.
- If you have trouble connecting, call 866-229-3239, Option 1.
To RSVP for the event, please contact Apoorva Stull at email@example.com or 202-955-3567.
NCQA is a private, non-profit organization dedicated to improving health care quality. NCQA accredits and certifies a wide range of health care organizations. It also recognizes clinicians and practices in key areas of performance. NCQA’s Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS®) is the most widely used performance measurement tool in health care. NCQA is committed to providing health care quality information for consumers, purchasers, health care providers and researchers.