HONG KONG & SINGAPORE & MUMBAI, India--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Leaders of global media and telecom companies serving over a billion consumers are meeting on April 22 - 24, 2013 in Bali, Indonesia for the fourth annual Asia Pacific Pay–TV Operators Summit (APOS). Organized by Media Partners Asia, APOS (www.visitapos.com) is the leading regional event for TV and broadband industry executives with intent to drive bold thinking, strategy, deals and policy.
“Both emerging growth markets and mature, value geographies in Asia Pacific are increasingly vital to future of strategic global majors”
“Both emerging growth markets and mature, value geographies in Asia Pacific are increasingly vital to future of strategic global majors,” said Vivek Couto, executive director of Media Partners Asia. “This year's APOS is a testament to this trend while the line-up and themes are also a significant nod to the growing aspirations of leading local players with currency to expand in domestic and international markets.”
Confirmed headline speakers include:
Romain Bausch | President & CEO, SES
DS Byun | CEO, CJ HelloVision
Chase Carey | President & COO, News Corporation
Subhash Chandra | Chairman, Zee & Essel Group
Adam Chesnoff | President & COO, Saban Capital Group
Richard Freudenstein | CEO, Foxtel
Joosung Kim | CEO, KT Media Hub
Andre Kudelski | Chairman & CEO, Kudelski Group
Jagdish Kumar | CEO, Hathway Cable
Kevin MacLellan | President, NBCUniversal International Television
Harit Nagpal | MD & CEO, Tata Sky
Ben Pyne | President of Global Distribution, Disney Media Networks
Rohana Rozhan | CEO, Astro Malaysia Holdings
Man Jit Singh | CEO, Multi Screen Media
Hary Tanoesoedibjo | CEO, MNC Group
Rudy Tanoesoedibjo | CEO, MNC Sky Vision
Gerhard Zeiler | President, Turner Broadcasting International
A full list of the 50-plus speakers participating is available at www.visitapos.com.
APOS Agenda Highlights include:
- Asia in the global media portfolio. The role of emerging markets for strategic international majors
- Disruptors and threats. Regional OTT plays and the growth of DTT.
- Pay-TV brands in the age of online. David versus Goliath.
- India, Abroad, At Home, On the Move & On Demand. India's international story, digitalization and the next 20 mil homes, mobile and non-linear content.
- The Rise of DTH. Growing pockets of value and volume in India and Southeast Asia.
- Going for Gold, The Sports Equation. Unlocking a new cycle of value across channels and platforms.
- Prosperity in Broadband. Forget TVE, focus on the new Horizon of media & communications distribution.
- Media & Money. New currencies and stories for content and distribution.
- Korea, At home & Abroad. Digital 3.0 and international expansion.
- Other key themes include: Asian Entertainment, Perspectives on Japan, Digital Depth and more.
With offices in Hong Kong, Singapore and India, Media Partners Asia, Ltd (MPA) is the leading independent provider of information services, focusing on media and communications. MPA serves various audiences and clients with multiple platforms including research, consulting, events and publishing. MPA covers all major media-related sectors, including: advertising; TV and radio broadcasting; broadband; cable and satellite TV; digital TV; filmed entertainment; IPTV; mobile; music; online; outdoor; pay-TV; and print media. MPA publications and research reports receive widespread coverage in global media and are utilized by numerous industry-related groups, such as media and telecom owners, investors, technology companies, regulatory groups and the financial sector.