NEW ALBANY, Ohio--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aetna (NYSE: AET) announced today it has signed contracts that will add more than 20 hospitals and health systems to its network of Ohio Medicare Advantage health care providers. This network is separate from the Aetna commercial and Medicaid networks.
“Aetna is delighted to welcome these hospitals and health systems to our Ohio Medicare Advantage network. These contracts also will add hundreds of doctors offering wider variety and convenience for our members”
The new Ohio facilities are:
- Ashtabula County Medical Center in Ashtabula;
- Fairfield Medical Center in Lancaster;
- Henry County Hospital in Napoleon;
- Joint Township District Memorial Hospital in St. Mary’s;
- Licking Memorial Hospital in Newark;
- Magruder Hospital in Port Clinton;
- MedCentral Health System in Mansfield and Shelby;
- Southern Ohio Medical Center in Portsmouth;
- Summa Health System in Akron City, St. Thomas, Barberton, and Wadsworth;
- University Hospitals Conneaut Medical Center in Conneaut;
- University Hospitals Geneva Medical Center in Geneva;
- University of Cincinnati Medical Center and UC Health in Cincinnati, Mason and West Chester;
- Van Wert County Hospital in Van Wert;
- Wilson Memorial Hospital in Sidney;
- Wooster Community Hospital in Wooster; and
- Wyandot Memorial Hospital in Upper Sandusky.
“Aetna is delighted to welcome these hospitals and health systems to our Ohio Medicare Advantage network. These contracts also will add hundreds of doctors offering wider variety and convenience for our members,” said Michelle Mathieu, vice president of Aetna’s network in Ohio.
Aetna is one of the nation’s leading diversified health care benefits companies, serving approximately 37.3 million people with information and resources to help them make better informed decisions about their health care. Aetna offers a broad range of traditional, voluntary and consumer-directed health insurance products and related services, including medical, pharmacy, dental, behavioral health, group life and disability plans, and medical management capabilities, Medicaid health care management services and health information technology services. Our customers include employer groups, individuals, college students, part-time and hourly workers, health plans, health care providers, governmental units, government-sponsored plans, labor groups and expatriates. For more information, see www.aetna.com.