CARLSBAD, Calif & NEW YORK & SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Biotech Showcase™ 2013 investor and partnering conference was held in San Francisco last week. The event welcomed private and public equity investors, industry analysts, bankers, pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry executives as well as other industry professionals. Held at Parc 55 Wyndham San Francisco - Union Square, the event featured 236 presenting companies, and drew 1,600 delegates who engaged in 2,500 one-to-one partnering meetings over the three-day event.
“There are platform technologies, drug products, including large molecules and small molecules, imaging developments, and genomics advances; I think there is a tremendously broad range of very innovative, very promising partnering opportunities at this conference year after year”
“Biotech Showcase is a fantastic venue in which scientists and business development individuals get together with potential investors and also service providers. For me it’s been outstanding because of the ability to network with others,” said Allen B. Reitz of ALS Biopharma LLC.
“I think every year it has gotten better and better; it’s very, very good. I met a lot of interesting people, there were very good presentations, and it was well worth coming. We had a lot of partnering meetings, so we’re very happy,” said Granville A. Ungerleider of NSIP LLC.
“There are platform technologies, drug products, including large molecules and small molecules, imaging developments, and genomics advances; I think there is a tremendously broad range of very innovative, very promising partnering opportunities at this conference year after year,” said Fran Heller of Bristol-Myers Squibb and a panelist at Biotech Showcase.
“I continue to be amazed by the success of Biotech Showcase,” said Carola Schropp, President of EBD Group. “It has met an important need for private and small to mid-cap public companies to build their profiles with the investment community as well as potential collaborators.”
“This event brought together executives from leading investment firms and pharmaceutical companies and innovative biotech companies who are passionate about seeing their novel discoveries turn into new therapies and drugs,” said Sara Jane Demy, President of Demy-Colton Life Science Advisors. “It was a phenomenal turnout. So much so that our attendees have started calling Biotech Showcase an institution.”
Biotech Showcase is co-produced annually by EBD Group, Inc. and Demy-Colton Life Science Advisors. Both organizations have a long history of providing high quality business support programs and services to the biotechnology industry.
Biotech Showcase is powered by partneringONE®, the industry’s most advanced partnering system, that enables delegates to efficiently identify and arrange meetings with potential investors and partners.
About Biotech Showcase™ 2013:
Biotech Showcase™ is an investor and partnering conference devoted to providing private and small- and mid-cap biotechnology companies an opportunity to present to and meet with investors and biopharmaceutical executives during the course of one of the largest annual healthcare conferences that attracts investors and biopharmaceutical executives from around the world.
Follow Biotech Showcase 2013 on Twitter: twitter.com/ebdgroup (hashtag: #BTS13)
About EBD Group
EBD Group is the leading partnering firm for the global life science industry. Since 1993, biotech, pharma and medical device companies have leveraged EBD Group’s partnering conferences, technology and services to identify business opportunities and develop strategic relationships essential to their success.
EBD Group’s conferences are run with the support of leading corporations and international trade associations and include:
- BIO-Europe® and BIO-Europe Spring®, Europe’s largest life science partnering conferences, supported by the Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO)
- BioPharm America™, the fastest growing partnering event in North America
- Biotech Showcase™, a unique forum in San Francisco for presenting to investors and business development executives, co-produced with Demy-Colton Life Science Advisors
- BioEquity Europe, the investor conference co-organized with BioCentury Publications and BIO
- ChinaBio® Partnering Forum, the first dedicated biotech/pharma partnering conference in China, co-produced with ChinaBio® LLC
- EuroMedtech™, EBD Group’s partnering event for the innovative medical technology industry
- Partnering for Global Impact®, a new partnering conference providing an innovative forum to partner, identify and generate social and philanthropic investment and funding opportunities
EBD Group’s sophisticated web-based partnering service, partneringONE®, is also used as the partnering engine at numerous third-party events around the world, and partnering360® is the open online community of life science dealmakers that enhances partnering experiences all year long. Outside of the conference format, EBD Group’s consultants provide hands-on assistance for firms seeking to in- or out-license products and technologies.
EBD Group has offices in the USA and Europe.
For more information please visit www.ebdgroup.com.
About Demy-Colton Life Science Advisors
Demy-Colton Life Science Advisors is focused exclusively on facilitating the growth of the life science industry. Demy-Colton has developed a number of high-value added conferences to address the business and development needs of the biotechnology industry; it provides partnering services and it has helped launch a unique investor website and newsletter.
Demy-Colton's conferences include:
- US-Japan Health Sciences Dialogue: The only US-based business development conference focused on issues that influence the growth of the Japanese and western biopharmaceutical industry.
- Life Sciences Summit: A translational science partnering meeting focused on oncology, neurology, infectious disease and regenerative medicine that brings together academic innovators, biopharma executives and funders.
- Biotech Showcase™: An investor conference featuring public and private biotechnology and life sciences companies, which takes place annually in San Francisco during the week of the largest healthcare investor conference. This event is co-produced with EBD Group.
Demy-Colton's online partnering system, CollaborateTeam™, supports Demy-Colton's investor and venture meetings for the pharma industry.
Demy-Colton Life Science Advisors has also been involved in the launch and development of The Life Sciences Report, a unique investor newsletter where third party experts share their opinions on investment opportunities. To subscribe to this free newsletter, click here. To become a sponsor, please contact Sara Jane Demy at email@example.com.
For more information please visit www.demy-colton.com.