MALVERN, Pa.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Rajant Corporation, the pioneer of Kinetic Mesh Networks and provider of pervasive, multi-frequency wireless solutions, today announced general availability of the new release of InstaMesh, the company’s proprietary routing technology, as well as its BC|Commander network management software. The new releases include a host of new and improved features that enhance and streamline network administrators’ ability to quickly and securely configure networks, support new devices, and ensure optimal performance and availability.
“Additionally, we tasked our development team with anticipating the future needs of Rajant users across multiple industries. The result is a routing technology and network management platform that is flexible, secure, and allows for the rapid deployment and management of Kinetic Mesh Networks.”
InstaMesh is the advanced routing protocol developed by Rajant that powers Kinetic Mesh Networks. It allows for continuous and instantaneous routing of wireless and wired connections, and enables complete network mobility, robust fault tolerance, high throughput and low latency – all with minimal maintenance and administration. BC|Commander is used to monitor the status of Kinetic Mesh networks formed using Rajant BreadCrumb wireless network nodes and InstaMesh routing technology. With the introduction of InstaMesh and BC|Commander version 11, network administrators and users will realize a number of benefits, including:
- Support for Rajant’s Tactical Radio over Internet Protocol (TRoIP), a wearable BreadCrumb-headset combination that brings robust push-to-talk voice connectivity to BreadCrumb network nodes.
- 802.11n support, which improves upon the previous 802.11 standards in a number of ways, including higher throughput.
- Bulk configuration of Rajant BreadCrumb network nodes – Network admins can now select any number of BreadCrumbs and configure shared settings simultaneously. This capability can substantially reduce the time required to configure a network.
- Additional cryptographic options – Support for multiple algorithms for both mesh authentication and encryption, allowing network administrators to better balance security and performance requirements.
- Additional topology view layouts to help with administrative tasks.
- Live mapping – BC|Commander now automatically imports satellite imagery of network sites and geo-references them for use with GPS.
In addition to these features, the new releases include many additional ease-of-use, security, and display option improvements over previous versions.
“This latest release reflects the input of our customers, support staff, and technical specialists – all of whom work with Kinetic Mesh Networks on a daily basis,” said Rajant CTO Paul Hellhake. “Additionally, we tasked our development team with anticipating the future needs of Rajant users across multiple industries. The result is a routing technology and network management platform that is flexible, secure, and allows for the rapid deployment and management of Kinetic Mesh Networks.”
InstaMesh and BC|Commander – Delivering the Power of Kinetic Mesh Networking
BreadCrumb network nodes work in concert with InstaMesh to enable voice, video and data communications over a common wireless infrastructure – even while all nodes are moving. In addition to providing true mobility, InstaMesh enables dynamic frequency utilization – allowing network nodes to seamlessly switch between available radio frequencies based on best-path analysis at the node level. Multi-frequency radios avoid frequency lock-in and provide operators greater flexibility to leverage additional frequencies.
Operating on Microsoft Windows or Linux workstations, BC|Commander establishes secure, encrypted links to each BreadCrumb node, providing point-and-click configuration, RF status for mesh and client links, wireless client display, and a real-time view of network topology. Client link security can also be configured up to WPA2-Enterprise through BC|Commander administrative tool to provide a graphical view of the entire BreadCrumb network.
Rajant Corporation enables secure communications-on-the-move through a portable meshed wireless network that can rapidly reconfigure and adapt in real-time. Rajant's BreadCrumb® Wireless solutions provide networks for Military, Mining, Homeland Security, First Responders, Telecommunications Service Providers and Public Safety and provide voice and data communications across a meshed, self-healing network. Rajant’s BreadCrumb network nodes communicate with IP based client devices such as laptops, PDAs, video cameras, satellite terminals, networked radios, RFID’s and sensor devices. Please visit www.rajant.com or call (484) 595-0233.