HORSHAM, Pa.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Reed Technology and Information Services Inc., part of the LexisNexis family and a leading provider of commercial web and social media archiving services, is proud to announce the Reed Archives Web PreserverTM service has been chosen as a finalist for the prestigious Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA) CODiE Awards.
“The CODiE Awards competition was extremely competitive this year with a record number of innovative products and solutions competing”
The SIIA CODiE Awards recognize outstanding achievement in innovation, vision and overall industry impact for the software and information industries. The SIIA CODiE Awards remain the only peer-recognized program in the content, education and software industries. Finalists in the Content categories represent the best products, technologies and services created by media, publishers, and information services providers. The Reed Archives Web Preserver service was chosen as a finalist in the Best Legal Information Solution and Best Business Information Solution categories.
As an innovation in web archiving and social media, the Web Preserver service has been carefully developed to support the complex electronic data gathering needs of the legal community supporting research, litigation and eDiscovery. The technology provides Reed Archives clients with a range of capabilities that include the ability to:
- Dramatically reduce the time it takes to accurately capture and preserve content from the web, including social media.
- Easily organize all your web research into searchable folders where users can leverage tags to identify key themes within folders to find information as it is needed.
- Confidently present critical web content in its native format with digital signature, date and time-stamp that can be used as evidence in court.
- Proactively prevent "link rot" or changed website locations by permanently storing crucial research in our state-of-the-art data centers.
- Effectively support trademark research and audit needs by tracking the "effective use" of your trademarks. During an audit you can quickly retrieve compliant materials from your archive.
- Significantly reduce IT investment with the hosted solution.
Commenting on today’s announcement, David Ballai, CIO and VP of Commercial Solutions for Reed Technology said: “Reed Archives is honored and delighted to be selected as a CODiE finalist in multiple categories, particularly given the presence of significant competition. The team has worked extensively with the legal community to develop and bring to market an elegant and affordable solution to gathering and leveraging web-based content. We are most grateful to our peers in the software industry for this recognition.”
"The CODiE Awards competition was extremely competitive this year with a record number of innovative products and solutions competing," said Kathy Greenler Sexton, VP & General Manager for the Content Division at SIIA. "All of our CODiE Awards finalists should be commended for their innovation and market-leading products and services."
CODiE Award winners will be announced during a special luncheon on January 31 in New York during the SIIA's annual flagship conference for information industry leaders, IIS 2013: Breakthrough.
About Reed Technology and Information Services Inc.
Reed Technology and Information Services Inc., part of the LexisNexis family, provides innovative solutions for data conversion, preservation, analysis, e-submission and publication for corporate, legal and government clients. Reed Technology is a market leader and subject matter expert in its lines of businesses:
- Government: Providing data capture and publication solutions for every patent application submitted to the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- Life Sciences: Leading provider of Structured Product Labeling (SPL) and related services, serving over 625 life science companies.
- Reed Archives: Providing world class website and social media preservation services to support e-discovery, compliance and regulatory mandates.
- Intellectual Property (IP) Services: Giving law firms and companies tools to analyze patent information to make more informed and strategic decisions.
For further information, visit www.ReedTech.com.
About LexisNexis Legal & Professional
LexisNexis® Legal & Professional (www.lexisnexis.com) is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis® and Nexis® services. Today, LexisNexis harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. Part of Reed Elsevier, Inc. LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide.
About The Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA)
SIIA is the principal trade association for the software and digital content industries, providing global services in government relations, business development, corporate education, and intellectual property protection to more than 700 organizations world-wide. The SIIA Content Division is one of six industry-focused divisions, and serves the media, publishing, information services and technology companies that drive the $462 billion content industry. For more information, visit www.siia.net/content
Learn more about the Web Preserver service at:
Follow Reed Technology on: