NORWALK, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--TMC and Crossfire Media today announced the participants for the second Battle of the Platforms (BoTP), taking place at M2M Evolution Conference & Expo at 2 p.m. EST on January 29. Battle of the Platforms is a half-day event that provides an exciting opportunity to hear and see cutting-edge platform solutions from leading companies poised to help businesses manage and deliver M2M (machine-to-machine) solutions. M2M Evolution is collocated with ITEXPO Miami, the world’s largest and best-attended communications and technology trade show, and is held January 30 - February 1, 2013, at the Miami Beach Convention Center in Miami Beach, Florida.
“Battle of the Platforms is a great way to see how much machine-to-machine technology is evolving”
Battle of the Platform participants includes:
- Axeda, a cloud-based service and software provider which focuses on managing connected products and implementing innovative, cost-effective M2M applications. Axeda allows businesses to run efficiently by making data accessible from many devices.
- Gurtam, a software company that specializes in the development and distribution of cutting-edge GPS-based software solutions in the field of satellite tracking.
- ILS Technology, the provider of the world's leading ready-to-use, off-the-shelf cloud platform to connect enterprise IT systems to the devices and machines on which businesses depend. ILS Technology solutions are easy to deploy to any device without the need for months of complex programming or development. ILS Technology offers unparalleled security to protect company and customer data and ensure regulatory compliance.
- Modus, which develops a variety of wireless solutions, software, and offers full service account management to corporate enterprise, education, public service, and general business sectors.
- Omnilink, which offers a location-based services platform for powering location aware mobile devices and other solutions to track people and assets of value. Utilizing its market-leading software, FocalPoint™, Omnilink provides complete location-enabled applications in a wide range of industries.
- Spireon, a market leader in the fleet, transportation and automotive telematics market. The organization specializes in developing strong business relationships worldwide through NSpire, their revolutionary, new multi-vertical M2M intelligence platform. Spireon is M2M Evolution Conference and Expo’s case study sponsor.
- ThingWorx, the 1st Application Platform for the Connected World™ - one that combines the key functionality of Web 2.0, social media and Connected Intelligence™, and applies it to any process that involve things. ThingWorx provides the disruptive change required to catalyze operational innovation creating a more efficient and sustainable world.
- Zoho, which offers a comprehensive suite of award-winning online business, productivity & collaboration applications. Customers use Zoho Applications to run their business processes, manage their information and be more productive while at the office or on the go, without having to worry about expensive or outdated hardware or software.
- Enabling Independent Applications Developer to work with M2M devices - Here we are looking at how third parties use APIs to manage information flow and connect to the users existing systems.
- Platform for best BI Controls Solutions - Here we are looking at the ability to deliver thresholding and performance criteria in a manner that makes business decisions logical, simple and self evident as possible.
- Platform for Service Providers to support wholesale services - Here we are looking at how the provisioning of M2M is streamlined and available for rapid deployment.
- Platform for Enterprise Deployment - Here we are looking at the ability to partition and deliver specific solutions where the enterprise manages independent of the location of their equipment.
“Battle of the Platforms is a great way to see how much machine-to-machine technology is evolving,” said Carl Ford, CEO of Crossfire Media and BoTP Judge. “This pre-conference event allows companies to get feedback from influential judges and build a bigger brand name. We are excited to see what all of the participants bring to the table.”
The 2013 Battle of the Platforms is a free event of M2M programming followed by a cocktail reception sponsored by ILS Technology. Conference sessions start on January 30th and are filled with insight from analysts, real-life case studies and roundtable discussions on new M2M technologies and best strategies. It's the opportunity for M2M application developers, wholesale service providers, enterprise IT managers and others to evaluate market-leading M2M solutions and determine which platforms are the best option for their own M2M projects.
For information about participating in Battle of the Platforms, contact Matthew Gleeson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 203.852.6800 ext 145. For information about media and analyst registration, contact Ashley Baster.
TMC is a global, integrated media company that helps clients build communities in print, in person and online. TMC publishes multiple magazines including CUSTOMER, INTERNET TELEPHONY, M2M Evolution and Cloud Computing. TMCnet is read by as many as 1.5 million unique visitors each month, and is the leading source of news and articles for the communications and technology industries. TMC is also the producer of ITEXPO, the world’s leading B2B communications event, as well as industry events: M2M Evolution; Cloud4SMB Expo; DevCon5; Super Wi-Fi Summit, CVx; Asterisk World; StartupCamp, and more. Visit TMC Events for a complete listing and further information.
About Crossfire Media
Crossfire Media is an integrated marketing company with a core focus on future trends in technology. We service communities of interest with conferences, tradeshows, webinars and newsletters. Crossfire Media has a partnership with Technology Marketing Corporation (TMC) to produce events and websites related to disruptive technologies. Crossfire Media is a division of Crossfire Consulting, a full service Information Technology company based in New York.