FRAMINGHAM, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--International Data Corporation (IDC) hosted a Webinar, IDC - 2013 Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Predictions: Emerging Issues Driven by the IT Financial Footprint, highlighting the top 10 predictions for the year ahead. Featuring analyst Joseph Pucciarelli, the session provided organizations with insight and perspective on long-term industry trends along with new themes that may be on the horizon. The Predictions Webinar series is designed to help company leaders capitalize on emerging market opportunities and plan for future growth. An audio replay of today's webinar will be available within 48 hours. To access the replay, please visit http://bit.ly/IDC_Predictions2013_CFO.
The Top 10 Predictions are:
- Prediction 1 - CFOs and CIOs will move to "zero capital" and transform the IT financial model.
- Prediction 2 - By 2016, line of business (LoB) executives will be directly involved in 80% of new IT investments; radical changes in IT governance and financial management practices will quickly follow.
- Prediction 3 - New IT platforms are exposing the organization to a new set of regulatory, security and contractual risks.
- Prediction 4 - Capital funding is the primary internal mechanism to instantiate IT strategy; new funding oversight controls must emerge for services-centric IT organizations.
- Prediction 5 - The Zero Capital IT model will enable accurately assessing IT (services) costs, (more) accurately measuring LOB profitability, and prioritizing divisional opportunity.
- Prediction 6 - Through 2018, asset impairment concerns for existing capitalized IT facilities and gear will emerge as a major factor in IT cloud services adoption strategies.
- Prediction 7 - As IT cloud services mature, increasing numbers of mid-size and large enterprises will seek IT facilities outsourcing contracts to rationalize datacenter assets.
- Prediction 8 - Finance will rise to the big data/analytics challenge and assume a leadership role in vetting the new data assets driving business decision-making processes.
- Prediction 9 - The escalating proliferation of smart phones and tablets will require new asset and expense management practices, polices, and control regimens.
- Prediction 10 - As business value shifts from asset ownership to "IP" (software, cloud & social), Finance will be challenged to help business leaders quantify Contributed Value/ROI.
For additional information about these predictions or to arrange a one-on-one briefing, please contact Sarah Murray at 781-378-2674 or email@example.com. Reports are available to qualified members of the media. For information on purchasing reports, contact firstname.lastname@example.org; reporters should email email@example.com.
About IDC Predictions
A hallmark of IDC's offering for three decades, the annual Top 10 Predictions reports provide IDC's outlook on the IT market, across industries, in the coming year. IDC will publish dozens of Top 10 Predictions documents for 2013. Please visit www.idc.com/predictions2013 for a complete listing.
International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications, and consumer technology markets. IDC helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community to make fact-based decisions on technology purchases and business strategy. More than 1,000 IDC analysts provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries. For more than 48 years, IDC has provided strategic insights to help our clients achieve their key business objectives. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research, and events company. You can learn more about IDC by visiting www.idc.com.
About IDC Insights
IDC Insights lines of business assist businesses and IT leaders, as well as the suppliers who serve them, in making more effective technology decisions by providing accurate, timely, and insightful fact-based research and consulting services. Our global research and analysis is focused on mitigating technology risks, maximizing the effectiveness of IT investments, identifying new opportunities, and bringing forth technology solutions that are aligned with the organization's business objectives. International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology market. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world’s leading technology, media, research, and events company. For more information, please visit www.idc.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 508-872-8200. Visit the IDC Insights Community at http://idc-insights-community.com/.