PHILADELPHIA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Delaware Valley Marcellus Association (DVMA) is teaming up with ShaleDirectories.com and the Penn State Marcellus Center for Outreach and Research for its winter quarterly meeting.
“Now that the region is beginning to grasp the value of the shale gas opportunity, we couldn’t be more excited to bring this particular group of experts to the Delaware Valley to give our members the information they need to not only get involved, but to be successful”
“Cashing in on Natural Gas – a Seminar for Business Leaders Who Want to Grow in the Marcellus,” will be held on Wednesday, February 6 at the Desmond Hotel and Conference Center in Malvern. The half-day seminar, which runs from 8 am to 1:30 pm, will feature operators and businesses leading the natural gas revolution. Presenters will provide insight on business activities in natural gas development, and offer tips to start capitalizing on this incomparable opportunity.
Sponsored by Aqua America, the seminar will include presentations from:
- Joe Barone, ShaleDirectories.com, on five simple steps companies need to take to be successful in marketing and selling their products and services in the industry
- Aaron Black, East Coast Risk Management, on how to orient safety programs in order to receive the safety ratings necessary to work in the industry
- Matt Henderson, The Penn State Marcellus Center for Outreach & Research (MCOR), on drilling activity in the Marcellus, Utica and other new shale discoveries
- Karl Kyriss, P.E., Aqua Capital Ventures, Water Gas/Nexus, on the water supply challenges to the gas industry
- Jim Ladlee, The Penn State Marcellus Center for Outreach & Research (MCOR), on the drilling process and supply chain opportunities
- Darlyn McDermott, Keystone Shale Solutions, on the importance of insurance in Master Service Agreements, and how insurance for the oil and gas industry differs from traditional liability insurance
- Michael Ryan, TekSolv, on why safety is one of the top issues when doing business in the Marcellus, and how TekSolv became one of the leading suppliers of safety services to the industry
- George Stark, Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation, on Cabot Oil & Gas and its drilling activity
- Brody Webster, Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation, on the safety and culture at Cabot Oil & Gas, and what companies need to do to work with the company
“Now that the region is beginning to grasp the value of the shale gas opportunity, we couldn’t be more excited to bring this particular group of experts to the Delaware Valley to give our members the information they need to not only get involved, but to be successful,” said Greg Matusky, president of the DVMA. “These presenters are leading the charge right now, and they’re doing it well. The seminar will highlight best practices and outline comprehensive steps that will allow attendees to walk out the door and start capitalizing on the natural gas industry.”