WASHINGTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Six regulatory compliance and risk management professionals have joined Treliant Risk Advisors, as the firm continues to expand its expert advisory capacity in response to growing demand in the financial services industry.
“Our new colleagues bring decades of experience across critical compliance and risk management issues which impact a range of asset classes and businesses.”
“We welcome these accomplished professionals to our growing team of experts focused on assisting our financial services industry clients address their most pressing needs,” said Treliant CEO Andrew L. Sandler.
Joining the firm are the following:
- LaVern A. Miles, Director, specializes in the governance, identification, mitigation, and monitoring of key business risks to improve strategic and operational performance. Having served for 20 years in leadership roles in management consulting, such as Senior Manager in Ernst & Young’s Center of Excellence for Risk Transformation, she has experience in risk management, operations management, and performance improvement for Fortune 500 companies in the financial services, insurance, and asset management industries.
- Christopher Murray, Advisor, specializes in leading major change initiatives associated with regulatory compliance, business process redesign, and operational effectiveness. For over 20 years, he held various executive positions at Charles Schwab and Bank of the West, where he most recently focused on enterprise risk management and compliance programs, strengthening board and executive management governance, and improving relationships with the bank’s regulators.
- Christine Adamson, Manager, has over 15 years of experience using research to guide corporations to improved strategic positioning and increased profitability. Her expertise includes pricing, advertising research, brand management, communications research, customer satisfaction and retention, media mix modeling, new product development, market segmentation, usability testing, and social media measurement. Before joining Treliant, she was Vice President at M&T Bank.
- Katherine A. Augustine, Manager, specializes in mortgage lending, private bank retail transactions, fiduciary services, lending to insiders, and transactions with affiliates. With over 16 years of experience, her track record also includes enterprise risk management and international bribery risk management. Her positions in Fortune 500 and thrift institutions have included Vice President of Compliance and Control supporting Key Private Bank.
- Carrie B. Cote, Manager, brings experience in large bank regulatory compliance, real estate law, and legislative consulting. She is a past Compliance Director at TD Bank, where she focused on regulatory compliance and risk management for retail insurance, mortgage lending, direct lending, and auto finance.
- Viet Trung Tran, Manager, specializes in all aspects of developing and enhancing anti-money laundering programs as well as detection of suspicious transactions, litigation support, and fraud investigations. He is a certified fraud examiner and forensic accountant who previously worked as Anti-Money Laundering Industry Expert in the Forensic and Disputes Service Group at Deloitte Financial Advisory Services.
“Our new colleagues bring decades of experience across critical compliance and risk management issues which impact a range of asset classes and businesses.” said Treliant Co-Chair Jo Ann S. Barefoot. “We welcome them to our growing team and are confident their industry knowledge and proven capabilities will help our clients navigate the emergence of increasingly complex regulatory requirements and business issues.”
About Treliant Risk Advisors
Treliant Risk Advisors, a multi-disciplinary compliance, risk management, and strategic advisory firm for the financial services industry, is headquartered in Washington, DC, with offices in New York, Los Angeles, and Rosslyn, VA. With a strong team of over 200 professionals, including executives who have held senior positions in Fortune 100 companies, financial institutions, and regulatory agencies, Treliant Risk Advisors provides its clients with critical advice and solutions. Services include: regulatory compliance, risk management, compliance efficiency and integration, loan review and litigation support, foreclosure practices review, business consulting, acquisition strategy, crisis management, corporate governance, due diligence, portfolio evaluation, financial analysis, and litigation expert sourcing. For more information, visit www.treliant.com.