PASADENA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Today, Disney Store launched a new line of “Sofia the First” product in celebration of the highly-anticipated debut of the animated children’s series “Sofia the First,” on January 11th, on Disney Channel (9:30-10:00 a.m., ET/PT) and Disney Junior (5:30-6:00 p.m., ET/PT). Available exclusively at Disney Store and DisneyStore.com, the product line features an assortment of items inspired by the series, including Sofia’s iconic amulet necklace and tiara, costume, accessories, “Sofia the First” picture book and more.
“Sofia the First - My Royal Family Crest”
The November 18 premiere of Disney Junior's animated television movie "Sofia the First: Once Upon a Princess" introduced a record number of viewers to Disney's first little girl princess, Sofia the First, delivering a crowning glory of 8.2 million Total Viewers on Disney Channel, handily becoming the #1 cable TV telecast of all time among Kids 2-5 (2.9 million/18.2 rating) and Girls 2-5 (2.1 million/27.2 rating) and 1 preschool cable TV telecast of all time in Total Viewers and Women 18-49 (1.7 million/2.6 rating). A family viewing event, the movie also delivered with older kids and adults, attracting more than 5.0 million Kids 2-11 and more than 2.4 million Adults 18-49.
Enchanting product highlights include:
- Sofia the First Costume- Complete with ruffles, bows and all the same beautiful details as Sofia’s gown in the TV series “Sofia the First,” this costume will have little girls enjoying hours of dress-up time all year long. Size run- 18-24 mos, 2/3, 4, 5/6 ($39.50)
- Sofia the First Light-Up Amulet Necklace - A beautiful purple amulet necklace that lights up, just like Sofia’s! ($9.50)
- Sofia the First Tiara - Little girls can feel like a true princess-in-training with this beautifully embellished tiara. This Sofia-inspired crown matches perfectly with the Sofia the First costume for girls. ($14.50)
- Sofia the First Book and CD- The story of a young girl whose life changes when her mom marries the King is told in this enchanting Sofia the First picture book which includes a CD with three exclusive songs! ($17.99)
- Sofia Plush Doll- Royally huggable, this soft Sofia plush doll is the perfect companion for any little princess. Complete with her signature purple dress and tiara, this doll is ready for fun--from play time through bed time. ($19.50)
- Sofia’s Friends Mini-Bean Plush Toys- Sofia’s best animal friends are more huggable than ever, with our Sofia the First mini-bean plush collection. Features: Clover, Blue Bird, Whatnaught and Robin. ($8.50 each)
Also, in celebration of the product line launch, Disney Store will be offering a “Sofia the First - My Royal Family Crest” activity to surprise, delight and engage guests from Monday, January 7th, through Sunday, January 20th, or while supplies last. The Family Crest activity sheet, along with other activities and games, can be viewed and downloaded on Disney.com.
For the entire Sofia assortment, guests can visit the Sofia the First online boutique at DisneyStore.com or visit their local Disney Store. To find a Disney Store location, guests can visit www.DisneyStore.com/storelocator or call (866) 902-2798. Guests can also sign up for email alerts at www.DisneyStore.com/Updates, like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/DisneyStore or follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/DisneyStore to stay connected to your favorite destination.
ABOUT “SOFIA THE FIRST”
The highly-anticipated debut of Disney Junior's "Sofia the First," a new animated series about Princess Sofia, an adventurous little girl who is learning how to adjust to royal life after her mom marries the king and she becomes a princess overnight, airs FRIDAY, JANUARY 11 on Disney Channel (9:30-10:00 a.m., ET/PT) and Disney Junior (5:30-6:00 p.m., ET/PT). Created for kids 2-7 and their parents/caregivers, "Sofia the First" tells the story of an ordinary girl who becomes a princess and, throughout her journey, learns that possessing the characteristics of a true princess – honesty, loyalty, compassion and grace – is what makes one truly royal.
Classic Disney princesses Ariel, Aurora, Belle and Jasmine make special appearances in event episodes throughout the year, offering Sofia words of wisdom when she needs them most. Fauna, Flora and Merryweather (the beloved fairies seen in Disney's classic "Sleeping Beauty") are featured as the headmistresses of Sofia's new school, Royal Prep Academy.
The November 18 premiere of the animated TV movie “Sofia the First: Once Upon a Princess” was the #1 TV telecast of 2012 across preschoolers and the #1 preschool telecast in Total Viewers and Women 18-49 – also seminal accomplishments. In fact, Sofia the First became the #1 telecast in cable TV history in Kids 2-5 and Girls 2-5, and #1 preschool cable TV telecast ever in Total Viewers and Women 18-49.
ABOUT DISNEY STORE
The Disney Store retail chain, which debuted in 1987, is owned and operated by Disney in North America, Europe, and Japan. Disney Store is the retail merchandising arm of Disney Consumer Products, the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) and its affiliates that extends the Disney brand to merchandise. Disney Store carries high-quality products, including exclusive product lines that support and promote Disney's key entertainment initiatives and characters. Disney Store opened its first store in Glendale, California and, in doing so, originated the themed retail business model. There are currently more than 200 Disney Store locations in North America; more than 40 Disney Store locations in Japan; and more than 100 Disney Store locations in Belgium, Denmark, France, Ireland, Italy, Portugal, Spain and the United Kingdom , plus online stores www.DisneyStore.com, www.disneystore.co.uk, www.disneystore.fr and www.disneystore.de. Each Disney Store location offers a magical shopping experience that can only be delivered by Disney, one of the world's largest and most successful entertainment companies. For more information, please visit www.disneyconsumerproducts.com/press/us/disneystore or follow us at www.facebook.com/DisneyStore and www.twitter.com/DisneyStore.