KING OF PRUSSIA, Pa.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The winter season is unpredictable, and nobody knows what frigid weather is in store for the Philadelphia region in 2013. Tozour Energy Systems, a leading provider of HVAC and building automation systems, has offered a short list of tips that include easy and no- or low-cost modifications for commercial building owners and operators to help them save on their energy bills this season.
“Consistent maintenance and ongoing modifications help owners and facility managers identify problems quickly and save costs in the long term.”
Tozour’s Six Tips to Stay Warm and Operate Efficiently This Winter:
- Inspect your HVAC system: Clean and perform regular maintenance to keep your systems running more efficiently. Scheduled maintenance will keep equipment running smoothly and fuel bills low.
- Seal air leaks: Make sure that windows and ducts are properly sealed to prevent heat loss. Keep heat in by caulking, insulating and applying weather strips to doors and windows.
- Standardize indoor temperature: Put an end to the thermostat wars by determining the most effective standard indoor temperature and assigning one person to control it. Or consider adding a remote monitoring service and letting someone else control it.
- Change air filters: Since the furnace is used consistently throughout winter, change the air filters to improve efficiency and indoor air quality. Also check drive belts on your furnace or air-handling unit for wear and proper tension to prevent frozen coils or a reduction in airflow.
- Prevent equipment freezing: Identify equipment that is vulnerable to freezing and prepare it for cold weather with proper drainage and/or freeze protection.
- Review BAS data: Utilize data from the building automation system to measure all mechanical systems’ performance, and make repairs when performance is out of an acceptable range.
“The winter season presents a unique set of challenges, with everything from warm spells to freezing temperatures,” said Kevin Duffy, president of Tozour Energy Systems. “Consistent maintenance and ongoing modifications help owners and facility managers identify problems quickly and save costs in the long term.”
Tozour Energy Systems, which includes a franchise of Trane, is a leader in the heating and air-conditioning industry. Its teams of experts provide clients with high-value mechanical systems service, a diverse range of quality products and innovative energy services. For more information and to learn how Tozour experts can help your building stay warm this winter, please visit www.tozourenergy.com.
About Tozour Energy Systems
Tozour Energy Systems is a full-service HVAC and building automation provider based in King of Prussia, Pa., and is a franchise of Trane, a business of Ingersoll Rand. The company provides customers with a diverse range of solutions including building automation, equipment services, energy conservation services, green building design, controls, parts, supplies and responsible technical support throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Tozour Energy Systems is a member of the Delaware Valley Green Building Council. For more information, visit www.tozourenergy.com.