DEERFIELD, Ill.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--For customers looking to purchase holiday gifts, Walgreens (NYSE: WAG) (Nasdaq: WAG) offers a wide variety of products small and large certain to please anyone on a shopping list. Stores will be open Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, including ’round-the-clock at 1,600 24-hour locations, to help shoppers pick up any last-minute items.
“Happy and Healthy, Your Guide to Living Well with Walgreens, “Your Guide to Gift Giving and Entertaining”
- Through Dec. 23, most Walgreens stores will be open until midnight.
- On Christmas Eve, nearly all stores will be open regular hours. Pharmacies will be open from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. and 24 hour stores always open.
- On Christmas Day, non-24 hour stores will be open from 9 a.m. until 6 p.m. Pharmacies open in 24 hour stores and select locations; 24-hour stores always open.
- Every day, 24/7, Walgreens.com lets you create and print photo gifts, calendars, canvas prints and more for same day pick up from a nearby store.
“We understand that this is a busy and exciting time of year for our customers, and we are constantly working to provide them with a unique and comprehensive shopping experience for all of their holiday, health and daily living needs,” said Joe Magnacca, president of daily living products and solutions for Walgreens. “With our more than 8,000 locations nationwide, Walgreens offers an extensive array of merchandise making us the perfect one-stop shop for holiday gifts.”
This year, Walgreens is providing customers with great entertaining and gift solutions ranging from social gathering “must-haves” to photo printing options, beauty gift offerings, and national brand toys and electronics. Shoppers can take advantage of three gift giving guides that are available in-store to help make their gift-giving experience even easier – “Happy and Healthy, Your Guide to Living Well with Walgreens, “Your Guide to Gift Giving and Entertaining,” and “Photo Gifts and Holiday Cards.”
- Nice! products are a value-based line great for entertaining essentials.
- Good & Delish premium food products are welcome additions to any get together. Super premium ice cream pairs well with cookies or cakes, or opt for snack options such as candy, popcorn, crackers or nuts.
- Preparing for guests? Try Ology, Walgreens new line of home products free of harmful chemicals, which are offered at affordable prices.
- Canvas prints are a unique way to share memories. For gifting convenience, orders can be placed online, through the mobile app or in-store at a kiosk and are available for same day pickup at more than 3,700 locations nationwide.
- Photo calendars are great for the new year, and it’s easy to create one via online or in-store kiosk – for same day pick up at more than 3,400 stores.
- Photo cards are a quick option for last-minute greetings – create flat photo cards online or in-store for pickup in as little as an hour from a local store. iPad users can also create photo cards from their tablet with the mobile app and print to their local store.
Beauty and Personal Care Offerings
- “12 Days of Beauty” through December 25 - Each day, a featured item such as perfume, make up, nail polish or bath gift set is available at great prices. Select items are also eligible to earn Balance™ Rewards points.
- Studio 35 Beauty offers a nice selection of bath and holiday beauty sets available for a special buy one, get one 50 percent off. Also available are Deluxe Eye Kit and Men’s Grooming Sets sold at $14.99 and $4.99, respectively. Don’t forget to pick up Studio 35 Beauty affordable hair tools for her and shave essentials for him.
- For those who desire pampering, Walgreens offers Nivea, Axe, Dove and Caress bath gift sets – starting at $9.99.
- Closer by Halle Berry - fragrance three-piece gift set - can be purchased for only $19.99; Taylor Swift fragrance gift set will be available for $19.99; Reb’L Fleur or Rebelle Fragrances by Rihanna are also featured.
- Sally Hansen Salon InstaGel Nail Strips or strips with a starter kit are sold for $14.99-$29.99, respectively.
- To get a fabulous holiday look, L’Oreal Riche Lipcolour, Riche Nail Color and Infallible 24-hour Eye Shadow are featured with an accompanying $1 off coupon; Revitalift Triple Power Concentrated Serum can be purchased with a $2 off coupon – offers located within the Wish Lists and Party Hits in-store guide.
- Almay Intense I-Color Trio, select Revlon and Cover Girl cosmetics can be purchased with coupon offerings of up to $1 off – offers located within the Wish Lists and Party Hits in-store guide.
- “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” exclusive Hole-y Cow Ball Launching toy.
- Assorted games for the holidays include Uno, Angry Birds “Knock on Wood” and Hedbanz.
- For kids looking to experiment, Discovery Kids Microscope Set and Spotting Scope are hot items.
- Disney gift sets for children of all ages can be found at Walgreens.
- A selection of children’s action figures, dolls or playsets are available – My Little Pony, Barbie and Lalaloopsy dolls are easy gift options.
- Dancing Plush Speakers are available in cat, dog or bear form and will dance to the music of a digital audio player.
- Exclusive Ty Disney Beanie Babies.
- Exclusive licensed marching band set featuring Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Spiderman and SpongeBob SquarePants.
- Select iPhone cases and wireless mobile accessories are 25 percent off; a variety of iHome electronics are also available this season.
- Hype Mobile Accessories such as speaker and tablet stands, as well as folios, make perfect gifts for tablet lovers.
- Hype Wireless Bluetooth Mobile is on sale for $34.99.
- T-mobile prepaid Android smartphones are available for $149.
- Various Polaroid electronics are available ranging from music and video players to tablets and accessories.
- For performers on the list, karaoke machines, microphones and CDs are available.
- For a bit of nostalgia, the Atari Flashback 4 and Sega Classic game consoles make unique gifts.
Just For Fun
- As Seen On TV– Stompeez!, Dream Lites, Bright Light Pillows, Cuddleuppets and BrushBuddies Singing Toothbrushes (Lady Gaga or Justin Beiber) are fun products that are great for kids; Lint Lizard, Slim Away and Ped Egg among many other items are suitable for adults.
- Hallmark’s Merry-Okee, a fun Christmas karaoke microphone, and Grab-N-Gab Elf which lets users tell stories in an elf-like voice, are popular gift choices.
- Talking Mistletoe – have fun with this motion-activated mistletoe that projects eight different phrases in a French accent.
- Taylor Swift Merchandise includes t-shirts, CDs, bracelets, backpacks, tour books, posters, journals, notebooks, calendars and iPhone and iPad accessories among other items.
- Don’t forget furry friends this year, Pet Shoppe Pet beds, treats and even costumes can be found at Walgreens.
- Gift Cards – Recipients will appreciate the flexibility of a gift card. Walgreens offers gift cards for restaurants, music, gaming and apparel ….just to name a few!
To find the nearest store, visit Walgreens.com or call 1-800-WALGREENS. For more information regarding Walgreens holiday season offers, please visit www.walgreens.com/holiday.
As the nation's largest drugstore chain with fiscal 2012 sales of $72 billion, Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) vision is to become America’s first choice for health and daily living. Each day, Walgreens provides more than 6 million customers the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice in communities across America. Walgreens scope of pharmacy services includes retail, specialty, infusion, medical facility and mail service, along with respiratory services. These services improve health outcomes and lower costs for payers including employers, managed care organizations, health systems, pharmacy benefit managers and the public sector. The company operates 8,057 drugstores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. Take Care Health Systems is a Walgreens subsidiary that is the largest and most comprehensive manager of worksite health and wellness centers and in-store convenient care clinics, with more than 700 locations throughout the country.