LANSING, Mich.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jackson National Life Insurance Company® (Jackson®), a leading provider of retirement solutions with assets of $129.9 billion, earned numerous awards from business and community service organizations throughout 2012, highlighting Jackson’s commitment to community involvement and leadership in the financial services industry. This year’s recognitions include six awards for corporate social responsibility, one premier technology award, nine awards in business and sales categories, and more than two dozen awards in marketing excellence.
“These awards are a reflection of the hard work and dedication of our associates who earned this recognition and make Jackson a great place to work every day”
“These awards are a reflection of the hard work and dedication of our associates who earned this recognition and make Jackson a great place to work every day,” said James Sopha, Jackson chief operating officer. “We are honored to be recognized as a leader in our industry and as an involved member of the communities where we live and work.”
Jackson’s corporate social responsibility awards in 2012 include:
- CATA Clean Commute Business Challenge First Place Winner
- Second Harvest Food Bank Volunteer of the Month
- Gold “Involved” Award for our volunteer program from the Nashville Mayor’s office
- Silver “Green” Award for our green building from the Nashville Mayor’s office
- Silver “Healthy” Award for healthy workplace practices from the Nashville Mayor’s office
- Lipscomb University Business with Purpose Award Winner
“Giving back is a major focus of the company, and Jackson has developed a robust and strategic charitable program that incorporates monetary and in-kind donations, as well as volunteer time,” said Sopha. “Corporate donations and sponsorships are directed to community enrichment programs and charitable organizations, with a particular focus on enhancing the lives of children and the elderly.”
In technology, Jackson Senior Vice President of Systems and Programming Mark Clark was selected for Insurance & Technology’s Elite Eight for Insurance CIO’s. “At Jackson, the business needs drive the IT agenda of the company,” said Sopha. “Our organization moves at a swift pace – specifically, in the design and implementation of new technology and products – which helps to position Jackson competitively within the market.”
Jackson received nine other business awards in 2012, including:
- Detroit Free Press Top 100 Workplaces in Michigan
- Nashville Business Journal Best Places to Work Winner
- SQM Awards World Class Call Center Certification
- SQM Awards Highest Customer Satisfaction in the Financial Sector
- Ranked first among variable annuity (VA) providers for advisor loyalty in the 2012 Cogent Research Advisor Brandscape report
- Achieved the top ranking in the Cogent Research Advisor Brandscape report for satisfaction with external wholesaler support among VA providers, and ranked second for satisfaction with internal wholesaler support among VA providers
- Cogent Research Advisor Touchpoints™ 2012 report ranked Jackson number one in connecting with advisors and prospects, and for internal and external wholesaler activity
- The 10th annual NOVA Platinum Award for Visionary Leadership awarded to Michael Bell, president and chief executive officer of Jackson affiliate, Curian Capital, LLC (Curian)
- Curian also took home the NOVA Platinum Award in the Creativity in Marketing category
In addition, Jackson’s marketing department earned more than two dozen awards from various industry and communications organizations throughout 2012 for their creative and design excellence.
About Jackson National Life Insurance Company
With $129.9 billion in assets (IFRS)*, Jackson National Life Insurance Company (Jackson) is a leading provider of retirement solutions. The company sells variable, fixed and fixed index annuities, and institutional products. Through its affiliates and subsidiaries, Jackson also provides asset management and retail brokerage services. Jackson markets its products in 49 states and the District of Columbia through independent and regional broker-dealers, wirehouses, financial institutions and independent insurance agents. Jackson’s subsidiary, Jackson National Life Insurance Company of New York®, similarly markets products in the state of New York. For more information, visit www.jackson.com.
*Jackson has $129.9 billion in total IFRS assets and $119.0 billion in IFRS policy liabilities primarily set aside to pay future policyowner benefits (as of 6/30/12).
International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) is a principles-based set of international accounting standards indicating how transactions and other events should be reported in financial statements. IFRS is issued by the International Accounting Standards Board in an effort to increase global comparability of financial statements and results. IFRS is used by Jackson’s parent company.
Before investing, investors should carefully consider the investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses of the variable insurance product, including its underlying investment options. The current prospectus (or for the variable insurance products the contract prospectus and underlying fund prospectuses, which are contained in the same document) provides this and other important information. Please contact your representative or the Company to obtain the prospectus(es). Please read the prospectus(es) carefully before investing or sending money.
Annuities are issued by Jackson National Life Insurance Company (Home Office: Lansing, Michigan) and Jackson National Life Insurance Company of New York (Home Office: Purchase, New York). Variable annuities are distributed by Jackson National Life Distributors LLC, may not be available in all states and state variations may apply. These contracts have limitations and restrictions, including possible withdrawal charges, recapture charges and excess interest adjustments. Contact your representative or the Company for more information.
Jackson is the marketing name for Jackson National Life Insurance Company® , Jackson National Life Insurance Company of New York® and Jackson National Life Distributors LLC.
Jackson National Life Insurance Company is an indirect subsidiary of Prudential plc, a company incorporated and with its principal place of business in the United Kingdom. Prudential plc and its affiliated companies constitute one of the world's leading financial service groups. It provides insurance and financial services directly and through its subsidiaries and affiliates throughout the world. It has been in existence for over 160 years and had more than $560 billion in assets under management as of June 30, 2012. Prudential plc is not affiliated in any manner with Prudential Financial, Inc., a company whose principal place of business is in the United States of America.