AUSTIN, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Opening its 2nd Annual Dell World Conference, Dell today announced that more and more customers worldwide rely on its technology solutions and services since the company embarked on its transformation four years ago. Dell serves more than 95 percent of the companies listed in the Fortune 500, all G20 governments, every U.S. state government and nearly every U.S. federal agency. More than 10 million small businesses rely on Dell solutions and services to grow their businesses and serve their customers.
“Today, Dell is better positioned than ever before to deliver innovative, end-to-end solutions”
Dell World 2012 brings together more than 6,000 customers, partners, media, analysts and employees for three days of networking, education and insight into Dell’s strategy and solutions to solve the most challenging IT trends customers face today.
During the past four years, Dell has invested more than $10 billion to deliver innovative, high-performing end-to-end solutions to better support the evolving needs of its customers. Dell innovation and investment across technologies, sales and channel resources, trainings and solutions centers set customers on a path to IT transformation.
“Today, Dell is better positioned than ever before to deliver innovative, end-to-end solutions,” said Michael Dell, chairman and CEO of Dell. “We’re investing to help our customers be successful and secure in a world being transformed by the forces of cloud, big data and mobility.”
Dell’s commitment to helping customers drive results, create competitive advantage, and expand their opportunities is driven by investments in the data center, security, services and software.
- Dell offers customers the highest-performing, most innovative and manageable servers in the industry, and is the leading x86 server provider in North America and Asia-Pacific region.
- Dell combined its leading data center solutions into its converged infrastructure offering, Active System, providing customers with a more intuitive, flexible and comprehensive solution.
- Dell provides customers among the best storage total-cost-of-ownership in the industry and is continually focused on lowering cost of storage over time.
- Dell gives customers flexible security solution options to help solve key business challenges while delivering productivity and efficiency.
- Dell Services allows customers to turn disruptive forces into competitive advantage, transform IT and solve real-world business problems.
- Dell Software enables customers to simplify IT, mitigate security risks and accelerate business results.
Helping Customers Do More
Dell’s strategic investments, long-term vision and ability to execute are proving successful for its customers. In more than 180 countries around the world, customers recognize the value Dell brings to their businesses. The company’s commitment to providing customers innovative, industry-leading solutions and services has changed the profile of Dell in the marketplace.
“Dell’s clear vision and investments across enterprise solutions and services have helped solve a wide array of our business needs and challenges over the years. Ashford Capital has been able to grow its technology to support the business effectively and intelligently because of Dell’s end-to-end strategy and solutions,” said Tim Ashford, IT Director, Ashford Capital Management, based in the United States. “Bottom line, we have confidence in Dell, its direction and its solutions. We don’t have that same confidence in other companies like HP, who make us wonder what value the company brings to customers.”
“We spoke to a number of organizations, including HP, IBM and Telefónica, but only Dell really understood what we were looking for. Dell came forward with an end-to-end solution, while the others offered only partial solutions,” said Jose Joaquín Loza, chief information officer at Universidad Europea de Madrid (UEM), based in Spain.
“We have a very open relationship with Dell and are provided regular visibility into their product pipelines. We are excited about the work they put into constantly evolving their solutions and believe that our partnership will grow stronger as our business expands,” said Joseph Salim, business development manager, Net Logistics, based in Australia.
“Our relationship with Dell has grown steadily over the past 10 years, however I previously saw the company only as a hardware provider. The depth of the proposal transformed our view of Dell into a high-quality, competitive service and solutions provider,” said Gary Adler, infrastructure manager, Freehills, based in Australia.
Strategy, Execution and Progress
Dell’s long-term strategy is grounded upon helping IT organizations more rapidly respond to business demands, improve efficiency and capitalize on new, standard-based technologies. Dell is successfully executing on its long-term strategy, including key acquisitions of Wyse, SonicWall and Quest Software in 2012, while growth in its Enterprise Solutions and Services businesses continues to outpace its competitors.
- Dell’s server and networking business grew 11 percent in the 3rd quarter, representing the 12th consecutive quarter of growth.
- Dell’s server business grew revenue 4 percent in the 3rd quarter, and was the only provider among the top three to achieve positive unit growth, while other providers lost share.
- Dell’s storage business (Dell-branded storage) grew at twice the rate of a major competitor and continues to outpace other providers, many of which reported declining revenue.
Dell Enterprise Solutions and Services now represent one-third of the company’s revenue and half of its gross margin. These businesses, which were about $14 billion in FY08 are on an annual run-rate approaching $20 billion through the 3rd fiscal quarter, are up 4 percent from the previous year. Dell is making solid progress in executing its strategy and continues to add to capabilities valued by customers.
Dell Inc. (NASDAQ: DELL) listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. For more information, visit www.dell.com.
Join us at Dell World 2012 – The Power to Do More. Technology professionals will learn from one another and identify key challenges and opportunities connected to the top forces changing business today. Learn more at www.dellworld.com, attend our virtual event at Dell World: Live Online or follow #DellWorld on Twitter.
Dell, Wyse, SonicWALL and Quest are trademarks of Dell Inc. Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others.