ALPHARETTA, Ga.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Refinishing Touch, a world leader in on-site environmentally safe and sustainable furniture refinishing and re-upholstering for private and public organizations, has predicted the trends that will steer this rapidly expanding industry in 2013.
“The Refinishing Touch continues to influence multiple industries, changing the ways in which both public and private organizations view their furniture assets. Sustainable, fiscally-responsible solutions will become even more influential in our industry in 2013, and we will continue to play a pivotal role in driving that momentum.”
Mario Insenga, founder and president of The Refinishing Touch said: “The Refinishing Touch continues to influence multiple industries, changing the ways in which both public and private organizations view their furniture assets. Sustainable, fiscally-responsible solutions will become even more influential in our industry in 2013, and we will continue to play a pivotal role in driving that momentum.”
The Refinishing Touch projects for 2013 will support strong industry trends predicted to include:
- Government bodies continuing to invest in and implement sustainable solutions that offer significant ROI, reducing the current 40% to 80% expenditure on furniture assets, and ensuring assets are used to their potential
- Higher education institutions becoming more conscious of their existing assets, and working harder to find institution- and campus-wide solutions that allow operations to stay within budgets and maintain quality
- Hotel franchise owners focusing more urgently on alternative solutions, including refinishing, re-upholstery and color changes, to deliver furniture upgrades and meet corporate brand requirements
Insenga added: “Organizations must continue to think outside the box when it comes to implementing solutions that deliver significant ROI and are cost effective, as well as being sustainable and environmentally-friendly. Best practices, including furniture asset management services, will lead the way in 2013 as businesses strive to become more creative and achieve goals.”
During 2012, The Refinishing Touch continued to expand its own refinishing, re-upholstering, remanufacturing, and hardware upgrade services to approximately 137 projects with government bodies, universities, and hotels across the country. This included its first Canada-based project, as well as many projects with recognizable organizations such as Hilton, Marriott, IHG, Wyndham and Fairmont Hotels, along with Concord University, NAS Pensacola military base, and more.
Other major company achievements for The Refinishing Touch in 2012 included:
- Celebrating TRT’s 35 year anniversary of its founding in 1977, and over three successful decades in the furniture refinishing industry
- Completing its first international expansion with a new administrative office in Toronto, Canada that now allows The Refinishing Touch to better serve its global customer-base
- Maintaining strong customer relations through its ongoing customer communications program Green Connect, and completing press releases and marketing campaigns with The Dover House Resort and Hampton Inn Batesville
- Continuing its Sustainability Awards program, highlighting 29 organizations across the government, hospitality and higher education industries for their commitment to sustainable solutions and initiatives
About The Refinishing Touch
The Refinishing Touch is a world leader in on‐site environmentally safe and sustainable furniture asset management services, which include refinishing, re-upholstering, remanufacturing and armoire modification for more than 20,000 public and private organizations.
Clients across government, hospitality and university sectors include: The White House, The Kennedy Center for Performing Arts, US Department of Justice, US Congress, US Department of Defense, US Military and Coast Guard, Hyatt, Marriott, Wyndham, Hilton, IHG and Starwood, along with top higher education institutions.
The company was founded in 1977 and is headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia. It has administrative offices in Los Angeles, California and Toronto, Canada. The Refinishing Touch has been recognized by the US General Services Administration with its Evergreen Award for innovative environmentally friendly practices.