INDIANAPOLIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--A new study released today by global interactive marketing provider ExactTarget (NYSE:ET) found nearly half of online French consumers have made a purchase after receiving a marketing message on email, Facebook or Twitter.
“Our new Digital Café research provides an in-depth look at the French market, providing marketers exclusive insights into why and how consumers engage with brands online.”
Based on a survey of more than 1,500 online French consumers (ages 18 and older), ExactTarget’s Digital Café report is the latest research report in ExactTarget’s Subscribers, Fans and Followers series to explore consumer behavior across email, Facebook and Twitter in markets around the globe.
Key findings of the study include:
- 90 percent of online French consumers subscribe to at least one email marketing program
- 51 percent of consumers that subscribe to brand’s email programs have made a purchase after receiving an email marketing message
- 28 percent of consumers report checking email constantly throughout the day
- 43 percent of online French consumers interact with brands on Facebook
- 7 percent of consumers on Facebook have made a purchase after receiving a marketing message on Facebook
- 33 percent of Facebook users who own a smartphone check Facebook daily using their smartphone
- 4 percent of online French consumers use and proactively Follow brands on Twitter
- 2 percent of consumers on Twitter have made a purchase after receiving a marketing message on Twitter
- 47 percent of Twitter users follow brands to stay up-to-date with a company’s products, services or offerings
“Email, Facebook and Twitter provide French marketers a tremendous opportunity to interact with customers and drive business success,” said Tim Kopp, ExactTarget’s chief marketing officer. “Our new Digital Café research provides an in-depth look at the French market, providing marketers exclusive insights into why and how consumers engage with brands online.”
The debut of the research follows ExactTarget’s launch of similar studies in the U.S., U.K., Germany, Brazil, and Australia. Together, the research provides global marketers new insight into how consumers around the globe interact with brands across email, Facebook and Twitter.
Key comparisons of the French research to other findings around the world include:
- 29 percent of French consumers have Liked brands on Facebook to receive discounts, compared to 49 percent in the U.K.
- 13 percent of French consumers have followed a brand on Twitter to be affiliated with the product or brand because it is trendy, the same as in Australia
- 49 percent of French consumers with smartphones report checking email at least once per day from their smartphone, compared to 66 percent in the U.S.
To download ExactTarget’s Digital Café research report, click here.
ExactTarget is a leading global provider of email marketing and cross-channel interactive marketing software-as-a-service solutions that empower organizations of all sizes to communicate with their customers through email, mobile, social media and websites. ExactTarget’s powerful suite of integrated applications enable marketers to plan, automate, deliver and optimize data-driven interactive marketing and real-time communications to drive customer engagement, increase sales and improve return on marketing investment. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana with offices across North America and in Europe, South America and Australia, ExactTarget trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “ET.” For more information, visit www.ExactTarget.com.