SUNNYVALE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aerohive Networks, the leader in controller-less Wi-Fi and cloud-enabled networking, today announced that it has hired seasoned channel strategist, Kurt Mills, as vice president of channel sales to drive the company’s channel program and significantly expand its partner-driven business. This addition follows the company’s two hires in October of senior vice president of worldwide sales and vice president of operations in a move to guide the company’s rapid growth in the hot cloud-enabled enterprise Wi-Fi space.
“Kurt Mills brings invaluable insight into channel strategy that will undoubtedly take Aerohive’s channel program to the next level. His two decades of channel experience will help us expand our partner-driven business and maintain a successful channel strategy.”
- Kurt Mills brings over two decades of channel experience to his position as vice president of channel sales at Aerohive. In his new role, Kurt will drive Aerohive’s channel strategy and vision and substantially scale its partner-driven business in the coming months.
- Kurt joins the Aerohive team coming from IT security company WebSense, where he served as vice president of worldwide channels. At WebSense, he ran a metrics-driven business that scaled through distribution, D-VAR and DMR's to over $400 million in annual sales.
- Kurt’s expertise lies in building and upgrading channel programs, distribution, strategic relationships and geographies. Over the years, Kurt has successfully segmented, profiled and staffed the appropriate partners and employees for success to support the “big picture” corporate sales strategy.
- Kurt’s hire follows two strategic appointments – Dean Hickman-Smith as senior vice president of worldwide sales and Raphaël Gernez as vice president of operations – for Aerohive in October. This expanding management team will help shape strategy and scale Aerohive as the company continues to quickly grow market share and move into industry leadership.
- Announced in September, Aerohive secured 22.5 million in Mezzanine Equity financing and has almost tripled its customer base in the past year to over 6,000 customers. Aerohive has grown 44,569% from 2007-2011, making it the 5th fastest growing technology company in North America according to the Deloitte Technology Fast 500™ list released in November 2012.
“As our company continues its rapid growth in the increasingly hot cloud networking space, we’ve found a need to successfully scale our channel program,” said David Flynn, chief executive officer of Aerohive Networks. “Kurt Mills brings invaluable insight into channel strategy that will undoubtedly take Aerohive’s channel program to the next level. His two decades of channel experience will help us expand our partner-driven business and maintain a successful channel strategy.”
About Aerohive Networks
People want to work anywhere; on any device, and IT needs to enable them -- without drowning in complexity or compromising on security, performance, reliability or cost. Aerohive's mission is to Simpli-Fi these enterprise access networks with a cloud-enabled, self-organizing, service-aware, identity-based infrastructure that includes innovative Wi-Fi, VPN, branch routing and switching solutions.
Aerohive was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif. The company's investors include Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Northern Light Venture Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Inc. (NEA) and Institutional Venture Partners (IVP). For more information, please visit www.aerohive.com, call us at 408-510-6100, follow us on Twitter @Aerohive, subscribe to our blog or become a fan on our Facebook page.